Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,611,096 times

Advertisements

How exactly was she "being asked out"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 12:35 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,967,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How exactly was she "being asked out"?
I didn't have the 'full' story when I posted the OP.

Turns out this started off quite messy.
Basically, when my friend went into the building when initially filling out the application, some guy happened to walk by. He proceeds to tell my friend to list him as a reference, and they swapped phone numbers to make it seem legit. He helped her get the job I guess. (he is a production type, maybe shipping dept, with no supervisory position)
So, when she starts working, the guy is putting on the full court press. He was texting her A LOT, and walking by where she worked to talk a lot.
She was being nice, and didn't know how to tell the guy to back off. I guess the guy felt like she owed him a date or something for offering to be a reference.
This guy was quite persistent for about a week at least. My friend finally after a week of being nice, told the guy she wasn't interested. He wouldn't leave her alone. Texting her daily, bothering her at work a lot.
Last I heard, she finally went to HR and told them about the guy that wouldn't leave her alone.
This was a couple weeks ago, and I haven't heard how it has been since she went to HR. From what I do know, the guy avoided her like the plague initially post HR visit.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,947,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I didn't have the 'full' story when I posted the OP.

Turns out this started off quite messy.
Basically, when my friend went into the building when initially filling out the application, some guy happened to walk by. He proceeds to tell my friend to list him as a reference, and they swapped phone numbers to make it seem legit. He helped her get the job I guess. (he is a production type, maybe shipping dept, with no supervisory position)
So, when she starts working, the guy is putting on the full court press. He was texting her A LOT, and walking by where she worked to talk a lot.
She was being nice, and didn't know how to tell the guy to back off. I guess the guy felt like she owed him a date or something for offering to be a reference.
This guy was quite persistent for about a week at least. My friend finally after a week of being nice, told the guy she wasn't interested. He wouldn't leave her alone. Texting her daily, bothering her at work a lot.
Last I heard, she finally went to HR and told them about the guy that wouldn't leave her alone.
This was a couple weeks ago, and I haven't heard how it has been since she went to HR. From what I do know, the guy avoided her like the plague initially post HR visit.

So her p*ss-poor judgment got her into this problem. Does that justify sexual harassment? No, of course not. But it's clear that she did a lot to invite this. When women do stupid crap like this, it clouds the issue for when people really DO experience sexual harassment on the job. Because this stupid woman invited her "harassment," it will make people suspect that all victims of workplace harassment invited theirs.
I hope the guy tells HR that she lied on her application about her reference that he provided. Then they can both be fired, and their positions filled by adults with a brain and some self-control.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM

1,378 posts, read 4,370,386 times
So she listed this guy as a refrence? If he works there, did they not ask how they knew each other? If her creepy meter did not go off when he did that, she needs to get it fixed.

Saying she has a boyfriend is not a good idea. for one, it makes her a liar and she'd have to be careful never to say to anyone else she isn't dating someone or create a fictional boyfriend to talk about. Either say she does not date co-workers (which is good policy but could backfire if she meets someone else she does like at work) or that she just isn't interested.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,947,902 times
She's already a liar, so nothing can now "make her a liar."

Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,497,888 times
She should bite the bullet and go out with him. Maybe if she is horrible in the sack on purpose, he will back off.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:53 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,088,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
So she listed this guy as a refrence? If he works there, did they not ask how they knew each other? If her creepy meter did not go off when he did that, she needs to get it fixed.

Saying she has a boyfriend is not a good idea. for one, it makes her a liar and she'd have to be careful never to say to anyone else she isn't dating someone or create a fictional boyfriend to talk about. Either say she does not date co-workers (which is good policy but could backfire if she meets someone else she does like at work) or that she just isn't interested.
Boyfriends come and boyfriends go.

A liar? Yes, kinda like when someone with an ugly baby asks you if you think it's the cutest baby you have ever seen or someone asks you it you think they look fat. Sometimes it is just better to lie.

If she slips up in the future, all she has to say is that yes, she did have a boyfriend at the time, but not now.

Now, when she agreed with this guy to lie and use him as a reference......that is a lie that counts. She deceived her employer to get the job. She sure got herself in a mess with that lie. THAT is not a "little white lie".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment