Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 04:53 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,155 times

Advertisements

Long story short I work for a auto dealer and everything was ok until I went to my mgr because a top car salesman was telling everyone that there are naked pictures of me online, Im sleeping with this person and that person (I am not). Now everytime I blink my eyes I am in trouble and it is beyond the point where I can even think of tolerating this.
My mgr did nothing except they had a "talk" with this person, no report nothing other than making my work life miserable.
Now here is my question how do I find out what exactly makes up a "hostile work enviroment" and how much bs do I have to take? Do I have to wait until they fire me?
I am in ca if this helps. I am calling edd tomorrow but I am trying to get some sort of a idea now (Sunday afternoon).
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 05:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
File a sexual harrassment lawsuit with the EEOC.

Filing a Charge

You can do it yourself or get a lawyer to do it for you.

I wouldn't quit though. You need proof you reported it.

You need to document everything in writing. And keep a diary with dates and details of events.

Get a lawyer. A lawyer will guide you through how to handle it.

They often don't require payment because they'll take a percentage of the settlement.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
File a sexual harrassment lawsuit with the EEOC.

Filing a Charge

You can do it yourself or get a lawyer to do it for you.

I wouldn't quit though. You need proof you reported it.

You need to document everything in writing. And keep a diary with dates and details of events.

Get a lawyer. A lawyer will guide you through how to handle it.

They often don't require payment because they'll take a percentage of the settlement.
Thank you very much. I have the texts from the guy saved in my phone and dates written down in my phone.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinca View Post
Thank you very much. I have the texts from the guy saved in my phone and dates written down in my phone.
Good. You have a strong case. This is clearly sexual harrassment. It's against the law.

The EEOC is the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. It's a federal agency that enforces federal discrimination laws.

Good luck!

Old 01-15-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Good. You have a strong case. This is clearly sexual harrassment. It's against the law.

The EEOC is the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. It's a federal agency that enforces federal discrimination laws.

Good luck!
Thank you very much I appreciate the help I haven't ever had to deal with this, however I am working for a car dealership. Ugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment