Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:39 PM

30,559 posts, read 52,282,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
You'd probably love it there! Those people are working with sick children, so in that case it almost makes sense. But you'd be surprised how many doctors & nurses smoke, and cops too as I've recently discovered (sharing a parking lot/courtyard with the Sheriff's Dept now)... those are stressful jobs, ya know.

Quote:
Look, it's nice for you that you don't smell like smoke and you don't notice others that do. But don't tell me or anyone else we don't have the right to complain.
When did I say you don't have the right to complain? I only said you don't have the right not to smell other people's odors, nor to dictate whether or not grown adults can smoke in designated areas. Complain away, although I'm not really sure what that would accomplish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 AM

525 posts, read 904,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
I worked in a cubicle next to the main aisle. Smokers coming in from outside would leave an odor in my cubicle. I got a vanilla scented odor eater. Almost immediately, a co-worker complained that the odor eater was stopping up his sinuses and he couldn't work.

He did not work close to my cubicle, he just walked past it each morning and afternoon on his way home. There were other routes out the door, this was just the most direct route.

I explained the reason for the odor eater and asked what odors he couldn't handle, and he said 'all of them.' He filed a complaint against me (not the smokers).

End-of-story: An interoffice memo ordering all employees to stop wearing any kind of perfume, including such things a soap with an odor or hairspray. Nothing said to the smokers, however.
wow that is really screwy, obviously the boss is a smoker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment