Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 PM

45,456 posts, read 60,680,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Not now, see my post.

Maybe, but there was a rash of clerks at a couple stores grabbing CC numbers in this area earlier this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 PM

4,641 posts, read 11,947,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Maybe, but there was a rash of clerks at a couple stores grabbing CC numbers in this area earlier this year.
Exactly.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:18 PM

4,641 posts, read 11,947,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
There is a big difference between researching the guy who is going to put a new roof on your house, or a nanny you're hiring to watch kids vs. being concerned about the private lives of coworkers.

Clearly the OP likes to stir the pot, every office has one.

I never went around checking out what kind of cars coworkers drove. Unless I happened to see them in the parking structure I wouldn't know or care what they drove.

A coworker isn't accessing your credit card.

This is just a case of being nosy. It can also lead to finding yourself out of job, if you start talking about people at work.
No, but I work with very sensitive information--including social security numbers/names/addresses--everything an identity thief would need. I'm not necessarily worried about my information, but I do care about my clients and it drives me crazy that my company is hiring people with theft records. And, yeah, my coworkers could get enough of my personal info to steal my identity.

I could care less what my coworkers look like, what they wear, what they drive, where they love or who they're dating. But if they have a record--especially if it involves violence or theft--I def want to know.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,167,316 times
Quote:
But that's not really your problem. All they can do is purchase stuff or sell the numbers. Both of which don't do anything to you or your family.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,359,124 times
I've used it, many times. Not to check on fellow employees, but to find out info on the young men who wanted to keep company with my daughters. Oldest daughter is long since married (her DH's record is clean), but I've found out a lot of interesting stuff on guys my youngest knows. She is an adult, but still lives under my roof, so I do have a say who she brings in the house.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:18 AM

45,456 posts, read 60,680,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
But that's not really your problem. All they can do is purchase stuff or sell the numbers. Both of which don't do anything to you or your family.
Except run up charges which are a pain to get cleared. I always seem to get "Peggy" when I have to call as it is for normal stuff.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:13 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,553,250 times
Recently some bank of America employees tied to a criminal ring cleaned out lots of BofA accounts. BofA is being tight lipped about this.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:19 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,566,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
3 people that i work with on an almost daily basis have lengthy court records. serious enough stuff for me to understand why they

1. show up late to work
2. are upset alot
3. drive crappy vehicles.
huh? I remember driving a lot of pos cars in my lifetime and I have no record and have been late and upset at times

Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,566,326 times
There is a coworker that I work with who has a revoked licence for DUI and drives everyday to work with someone elses name on her registration.

But that is not even the case, I dont care about that whatever. BUT she goes after work to a bar across the street and drinks many a beers. Omg.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,167,316 times
Quote:
Except run up charges which are a pain to get cleared. I always seem to get "Peggy" when I have to call as it is for normal stuff.
I've been using credit cards for a while.... and I use them ALOT. I've only had one instance of a fraudulent charge in my lifetime.... and it took me less than 5 minutes to set up an investigation with AMEX. The charges were removed immediately, and I didn't hear from them until a month later when they sent me a letter explaining they removed the charges. In my experience, credit card companies treat you like king.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment