Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2010, 07:50 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

Employers passed health-insurance costs onto employees at a sharply higher rate this year, and businesses' premiums grew more slowly than they have in a decade, according to an annual survey of companies.

The increased cost-shifting reflected an acceleration of a trend that has been on the rise for years.

Employers Raise Workers' Share of Health Costs - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
I personally feel that governmental workers need to pay more towards their health care premiums. When I used to work for a certain city government, I paid ZERO towards my premiums and had a very low co-payment when I visited the doctor. Times are tough and we all should be contributing towards the cost of health care, including governmental employees.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
If they are moiving to the new stadnards to keep grand father then their cost are rising by about 20% this year. It is cheap when they must include thngs like unlimted lifetime benefits and cover inrurance for even 26 year olf living at home. In fact it's wise to keep up if they allow because most are doing new estimates by acutualry on the legacy cos of all employeees because it effects there rating toi borrow in the future.This effects governamnts also especailly with their bond rating. There was a C-SPAN program on just now much they are expecting insurance cost to go up under the new requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment