Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:46 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,728,053 times

Advertisements

I read the article, almost no numbers to back up the titles claim. Th article should be titled INDIA DEMANDS MORE PAY, WHAT COUNTRY WILL WORK FOR LESS?

The article also states that working from home generally can save 20% over brick and mortar. But they're not mention "you get what you pay for". It's extremely high odds one will be less productive at home than at work. I think where working at home really works is independent contractor commission only sales jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:31 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,020,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
No sh1t! I am so sick of talking to Habib and Rakmesh on the phone when I am trying to communicate with someone, just give be John or Bill please! Did anyone see 'Slumdog Millionaire' with the training classes they showed in the movie where people were learning about American culture, enough to BS with people on the phone, that was funny.
My internet provider is in India, and when I called, they gave American names, like Ron and Andrew (yeah, RIGHT). I wanted to tell them "bullcrap, that's not your name." But I didn't. I didn't want to be a rude, loud American, so I was polite (and I needed their help).

I prefer "live chat", and will do that from now on.

I'd love to see Slumdog Millionaire. If I ever get a DVD player, I'll rent it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment