Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:17 PM

2,670 posts, read 3,871,048 times

Advertisements

I agree with Jesse276. The $8K is not a good reason to buy.

This gov't is screwing with people by artifically playing with pricing and giving away other people's money thus putting this country deeper into debt, potentially making the dollar worthless - but that is a different discussion than is wanted here.

You should buy a home that you genuinely desire living in at a price you can comfortably afford. Recognize that a price fluctuation of $8k probably occurs literally every month as buyers and sellers enter and exit the market.

Don't get suckered into some quick deal where you may get buyers remorse later and then want to sell in less than 5 years. 5 years is a minimum time to consider staying in one place to at least have any hope of recouping your expenses and maybe making a few $.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 AM

365 posts, read 1,012,084 times
You know what they say, live & learn. Next time you find something you know you want,find a realtor to put an offer in the legal way, then wait for that offer to be accepted before you get all excited about it. Something can still go wrong during the whole process, but at least it can't be sold from under you with a contract in place. Don't get too down, there is another saying.. everything happens for a reason, maybe it just wasn't meant to be

Old 03-11-2012, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 644 times
Same here. I found a house that was on the market for 180 days. I had the realtor look at it and lined the loan up in 48 hrs, with cash money down payment. Then, as has happened multiple times, the place was put under contract at 8am the same morning I was going to place it under contract. I feel that real estate agents were communicating with each other and buyers to make the deal before I had a chance. I have been told mutliple times by realtors that they cannot divulge any information to other realtors or buyers of any kind of status, offers etc.. That does not seem to be the case. Lots of unethical behavior in my opinion. Also, have had realtor friends of mine tell me that they are on the lookout for properties to flip to make quick money (of course i would never use them as my realtor). Since they know the listings before anyone else, I see a no win in this situation. Just take what you can get and live with it, since we are the outsiders in this arena, we will always get the scraps.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:48 PM

27,385 posts, read 27,429,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymanl67 View Post
Well, I think I just missed my once in a lifetime chance to buy a big new house on wooded acreage. I work in St. Paul and want to buy a house in western Wisconsin because I really want secluded wooded acreage. About three weeks ago I ran across a 2007 built 1800sqft rambler on 5.5 wooded acres for $180K. I offered $160K and the Realtor said they would accept. So, I got the ball rolling and got approved for the loan and whatnot. I shopped around for the best rates until I locked in at 4.79%. So on Sunday I call my realtor to meet me on Monday to buy the house. So this morning he calls me and tells me the house was sold yesterday afternoon. Keep in mind, this house has been on the market since Jan of 08. Thats right folks, 800 days and today I go to buy it and it gets sold yesterday. I'm just a common railroad man making 50K a year so this was my chance and i'm thinking it was my only. Now i'm screwed....screwed..screwed.
Dang, wouldnt ya know it! But that sounds like my kiind of property, all secluded in a wooded area, Id probably have grabbed it too. Sorry it sold though, before you can get your hands on it.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:09 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,322,050 times
always disliked the cutthroat nature of real estate and auto sales, new or used. So many other people seem to troll craigslist and the papers hourly that leisurely people like myself don't stand a chance at any of the best deals.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:06 PM

24 posts, read 50,073 times
We sold a house once in a day. The thing is if you want a property, write the offer right away but with a contingency upon a home inspection, well inspection. Also, be familiar enough with the area to know what's a fair price.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 PM

24 posts, read 50,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket64 View Post
Same here. I found a house that was on the market for 180 days. I had the realtor look at it and lined the loan up in 48 hrs, with cash money down payment. Then, as has happened multiple times, the place was put under contract at 8am the same morning I was going to place it under contract. I feel that real estate agents were communicating with each other and buyers to make the deal before I had a chance. I have been told mutliple times by realtors that they cannot divulge any information to other realtors or buyers of any kind of status, offers etc.. That does not seem to be the case. Lots of unethical behavior in my opinion. Also, have had realtor friends of mine tell me that they are on the lookout for properties to flip to make quick money (of course i would never use them as my realtor). Since they know the listings before anyone else, I see a no win in this situation. Just take what you can get and live with it, since we are the outsiders in this arena, we will always get the scraps.
No doubt that stuff goes on. If one wants to write an offer, then the agent has to do that, otherwise report them to the State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin