Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,234,709 times

Advertisements

Jefferyz From what I have seen on this forum repeatedly....Being "Here working" is the key. Evidently many folks get offered other positions once they are observed working hard, being steady, dependable and sticking it out. Good luck to you. Housing is a big asset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 PM

17 posts, read 27,129 times
Default Coming back with CDL Hazmat/tanker/doubletriple

Hi Folks,

Spent August through October last year out there checking things out. I'm the guy that had the hot dog cart set up on the Loop Road south of Mandaree.

Will have my CDL with above certs soon. Looking for a water or oil driving job in May. Older, wise, stable, and able to take care of stuff.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Thank You,

[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 03-14-2013 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Not a job application website. They can contact you via a DM.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:05 PM

159 posts, read 351,058 times
Anyone getten any? Hopefully just sittin on my tush at home not looking to hard i think I may have one locked in> IN ND Dont get me wrong Im working at the same time just wasnt where were talking about onhere> Will be up there Monday. Im knocking on wood and crossing fingers. But wouldnt be going if i didnt feel positive about it. With all the compatition i will give an update after the fact. Good Luck> there seems to be a lot of openings on Craigslist popping up lately

Old 03-25-2013, 02:39 AM

25 posts, read 71,440 times
My husband is from "all over" not North Dakota. But he fits in no matter where he goes. Has never been made to feel like an "outsider" with his STRONG southern draw. Just saying... My personal opinion is that if you work hard and are an honest dedicated worker, they will keep you. They are there to make money. PERIOD.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:01 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,215,789 times
Alberta and Saskatchewan have had quite a few Americans come up here for work. I'm wondering how easy it would be for a Canadian to get work down there? My son is a geologist. He has/is working in Alberta testing samples from wells that will be fracked.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,745 times
Default Hostile Employers

I've been hauling fuel all over the formation for quite a while now and it seems as time goes by, newer and newer always faces always appear.
Unfortunately, so does the attitude they may of had before they got here. All I can say is, yes we have all had hard times and serious attitudes become part of ones mindset.
Now to my point, leave the attitude where you all came from buckle down and together we can all get some work done. We can all make serious money and get on with our business we call life. Bring an attitude and an attitude you will certainly receive.
ND, MT peeps are good honest folks and yes we need out of area folks to get this job done. When you get here, be respectful, be ready to work and you will do just fine.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:23 PM

90 posts, read 355,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Jefferyz From what I have seen on this forum repeatedly....Being "Here working" is the key. Evidently many folks get offered other positions once they are observed working hard, being steady, dependable and sticking it out. Good luck to you. Housing is a big asset.
Holy Jesus Jan you didn't have all those stars and ratings when I first posted. You have been busy on these forums I see.....

Old 06-05-2013, 08:47 PM

9 posts, read 11,774 times
Default companies that will hire driver with couple of points

I graduate truck school with all endorsements on the 28th I want to start applying now. Does anybody know of any good companies that will hire a new driver with a couple of points.

Wiredawg thanks

Old 06-06-2013, 06:56 AM

75 posts, read 162,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WireDawwg View Post
I graduate truck school with all endorsements on the 28th I want to start applying now. Does anybody know of any good companies that will hire a new driver with a couple of points.

Wiredawg thanks
You have got 3-5 years working for a sub-standard company before any top quality company will hire you with a new CDL and 2 points. Focus, and you will be able to persevere. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:51 PM

405 posts, read 1,279,886 times
I spoke with a recruiter for CDL drivers claiming to represent Armcorp in Sioux Falls, SD.
He said many of the better paying outfits up in the Bakken require OSHA safety training now.
He reps a school in Sioux Falls for the training (www.armcorp.biz) .
It costs $1250 for the week long course after which U R certified.
I've had my Class A for 12 years but little tanker exp in all that time.
Probably drove a million highway miles but not much off road.
He says the school will guarantee you a driving job in the Bakken after yer certified.
You are supposed to be assigned a truck w/sleeper cab and that's yer home unless you
wanna rent (assuming you can find any available housing).
He said they have shower & bathroom facilities for drivers or at the new Pilot.

Yer hauling fresh water and waste water (no hazmat) on 12 hr shifts.
Schedules vary but he says when you are assigned a truck you can work
when you want and take off when you want.
If you wanna work 2 weeks on/1 week off, or 4 weeks on/2 weeks off, etc.
Its totally up to you. Is this on the up & up or recruiter talk??
Has anyone heard of Armcorp and their OSHA training??
Do they actually exist?? Are they credible?? Do they deliver?? Or is this just another scam??
They wanted my credit number over the phone as I talked to them.
I'm a little suspicious of shelling out $1250 sight unseen for someone I'm not familiar with.
And it seems to me that any applicable training should be close to site...not in Sioux Falls.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by GM1258; 06-21-2013 at 07:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston