Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngumdrops View Post
I came to Asheville for the first time last week to interview for a job and much to my surprise was not really impressed. I was really excited and did not find what I was looking for......everything was really run down and very hippy-ish (there is absolutely nothing wrong with this but i'm not sure i'd fit in). I'm from GA and am in Birmingham right now. Should I have gone more towards where Biltmore is?????? I don't want to turn down this job offer just because I didn't find the right areas of town.
You must had missed the the best parts, Asheville is an eclectic town of diversified culture. You can find almost everything you wish. I am looking to retire there, we are from NJ where we have wonderful restaurants. We would not be missing fine food at all, and beyond that Asheville has a variety of venue's to please every taste. It's an area the make my wife and I feel years younger. There is a homeless problem but it is not obtrusive. I think you are confusing hippyish with hip, spend some more time there, I think you will love it. D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina