Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:10 AM

7 posts, read 20,794 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I have a quick question about kids in Rutherfordton. Is there anything 3 and 4 year old's can do out here? We moved here from CA in March. I gotta tell you I love it here We have lots of family here, and it's super nice. Our children have all grown up, but now our Grandchildren are with us and I would like to find some kid stuff for them to do. In CA there are Mom and me classes, I was wondering if they have some classes out here we could do together. Thanks for you're help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 09:10 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times
Rutherfordton IS a great place !
My family is from there and has a tremendous history there.

This is a great place that is a lot of fun for the kids. Check it out if you get a chance.

Kidsenses.com - (http://www.kidsenses.com/default.php - broken link)

Old 08-16-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Rutherfordton IS a great place !
My family is from there and has a tremendous history there.

This is a great place that is a lot of fun for the kids. Check it out if you get a chance.

Kidsenses.com - (http://www.kidsenses.com/default.php - broken link)

Thanks! I'll check that out. I really need to find something for them to do.
We really do love it here. We came out 20 years ago and I told my husband back then when he's ready to retire this is where I wanted to be. The people here are super nice. And driving is way better than San Diego.
We did not plan on starting over again with kids, but our daughter is going over seas and they are here with us. Our family that is here are all older without kids. But I'm sure we can find something for them to do. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:21 AM

Oh Chromekitty, Big time Thank You!!!!
I just checked out Kidsenses.com (http://www.kidsenses.com/default.php - broken link).

Guess what, It's right down the street form us!!!!
I have no idea how I missed that one.
Going to check it out first thing tomorrow!

Thanks Again!

Old 08-16-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmabee View Post
Oh Chromekitty, Big time Thank You!!!!
I just checked out Kidsenses.com (http://www.kidsenses.com/default.php - broken link).

Guess what, It's right down the street form us!!!!
I have no idea how I missed that one.
Going to check it out first thing tomorrow!

Thanks Again!

Glad you like it!

It is in the downtown area. You can't miss it. It is really a cute place. They will have a blast !

From the sounds of it, you may not live very far from the house I grew up in if it is down the street from you.

Please let me know how you like it.

Have you taken the kids to Lake Lure?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 AM

905 posts, read 3,455,883 times
Check out Chimney Rock State Park! You can buy a $25 annual pass for adults and $10 for kids. That should keep them busy and wear them out at the same time!

Old 08-21-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Glad you like it!

It is in the downtown area. You can't miss it. It is really a cute place. They will have a blast !

From the sounds of it, you may not live very far from the house I grew up in if it is down the street from you.

Please let me know how you like it.

Have you taken the kids to Lake Lure?
It is a blast, so much for them to do. Thank you so much!!!!
Yes it is right down the street, I have no idea how we missed it.

We drove around Lake Lure, we plan on going back soon. Our son will be
here next week, I'm sure he will want to go. He's bringing three friends with him, so our house will be full again. I can't wait to see him, he may be 23, but he's still my baby

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks again!

Old 08-21-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
Check out Chimney Rock State Park! You can buy a $25 annual pass for adults and $10 for kids. That should keep them busy and wear them out at the same time!

Good idea, thanks. I'll have to go get passes, I don't think Chimney Rock is far from here. Not really sure, but I'm going to find out

Thanks!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:21 AM

Oh Lake Lure is a lot of fun !

There is a little motel there called the Geneva Riverside, they have a little restaurant there called the Tiki Bar. It is a great place to stop and get a sandwich and watch people play in and on the rocks on the creek. The kids would have fun playing back there for sure.

I bet you could find some fine fishing up there as well.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Oh Lake Lure is a lot of fun !

There is a little motel there called the Geneva Riverside, they have a little restaurant there called the Tiki Bar. It is a great place to stop and get a sandwich and watch people play in and on the rocks on the creek. The kids would have fun playing back there for sure.

I bet you could find some fine fishing up there as well.
Thanks, with the big kids coming I will have to check that out. They told me they want to fish, but I didn't know where to take them.

I hope soon I will be able to answer questions on here instead of asking
Thanks again for your wonderful information. I'm not feeling so lost anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina