Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 07:53 AM

2 posts, read 6,344 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to WNC,hopefully Rutherdton. We really felt at home there when we searching for a place.

I've heard so many different opinions. yes you can find jobs, no there non existent for anyone looking right now.

My husband is a contractor for builders,and there's no jobs where we are now,His business of 20 years is not surviving. He can do anything,and is good at it.

How hard is it really to get jobs in this area?

I have a special needs child. I've already talked to the school and was very impressed. This is such an important and big step for my family so please tell me what you know and the best place to look for jobs.

Thank you

Jennie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 06:05 PM

70 posts, read 227,421 times
Hi borngmama,
There are jobs to be had in the county. Unemployment here usually runs above the state average. I don't have that number handy now. I would suggest hubby find work here, and then make the move. This lending, housing bomb that is going off now will affect us all, before it's all over with. There does seem to be more people than jobs now. Rutherford County is in transition from manufacturing to something else. It appears to be a mix of things. This is a great place to live. Where do you live now? Email or pm me if I can be of help.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 6,344 times
Thanks for responding Mtnman. I gave hubby some numbers to see about getting a job,or just get a feel for what's there.
We have to sell out house first,and who knows how long that will take! Hopefully before school starts up next year.
We live in Florida now. My husbands from Maine,And I grew up in Maryland.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 AM

OK,
Let me know if I can help in your research.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:46 AM

905 posts, read 3,455,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borngmama View Post
We will be moving to WNC,hopefully Rutherdton. We really felt at home there when we searching for a place.

I've heard so many different opinions. yes you can find jobs, no there non existent for anyone looking right now.

My husband is a contractor for builders,and there's no jobs where we are now,His business of 20 years is not surviving. He can do anything,and is good at it.
Jennie
There are lots of new homes going up in the Lake Lure area, good, quality contractors are hard to come by. Depending where you live in the county it could be a bear of a commute though.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,196 times
My daughter, her two sons, my 23 y/o disabled son and myself are moving to the Rutherfordton area from Minnesota this month. We are looking forward to working and living in the area. I have an uncle in nearby Kings Mtn. however I'd like to hear from area residents on how life is in Rutherdfordton, any info on jobs, schools, economy,recreation/museums, community theater. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Also any good landlords that are looking to rent...we would prefer a small single home to rent with a back yard and all. My number is 219-790-4992. Ask for Carmen. Thank you for all your assistance.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM

Hi taina66,
Look at some of the other posts on Rutherford county to get about all your answers. You may have already done that, as you found this one. The one thing in your post that concerns me is the question about jobs. It's not pretty here right now. Please don't move here without jobs lined up or bring a ton of money. As of last week there were 4,000 people here looking for work that couldn't find anything. And that doesn't count the ones whose unemployment insurance has run out.
One the rental note how many baths, bedrooms, rent price range, etc. You can send me a direct message if you don't want to post that info.
All in all this is a great place to be. Just hard times on the job front right now.
good luck
MM

Old 08-04-2013, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,581 times
I am looking to rent a home in Rutherfordton. 3 beds/2bath. Between 800.900 a month long term. Living in Fl and soon moving to Rutherfordton. I already have a job lined up, just need a house to rent for my family. So excited to move to Rutherfordton. Please, any help would be appreciated. Thank you. [email]Margaretzabriskie@aol.com[/email]

Old 08-04-2013, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,581 times
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina