Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,874 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to western NC at the beginning of June. My new job will require me to commute to several locations in Asheville as well as Hendersonville, Brevard, Leicester, and possibly into eastern Tenn (Tri-cities). I was planning on renting a place in eastern Asheville area (b/c it seems like a central location) for a few months before buying a house. I'm visting the area in a month to physically look at places over a weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start my search? Also, how is commuting in Asheville and around western NC? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 PM

12 posts, read 41,958 times
Hey PharmDNC -

I assume with your name you are a pharmacist? Who are you going to work for? My girlfriend and I are graduating from pharmacy school in May and are moving to Asheville and working for Walgreens. Your job description sounds exactly like ours. We are going to live in Montford just because we want to be close to downtown. We think this location is pretty central, and it has close highway access to start the drive down to Hendersonville.

have fun finding a place

Old 03-01-2009, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,874 times
I'll be working for Walgreens too.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:43 PM

12 posts, read 41,958 times
Cool. Are you going to be graduating this year as well? Where did you go to school? We are graduating from the University of Iowa, so we have a pretty long haul ahead of us. Are you really expecting to have to travel to Tenn? Are you going to be licensed in both states? We're just getting our NC license, so we will avoid having to travel that far.

If you don't know anyone in the area once you get there, send me a message and we can get together if you're interested. We won't know anybody there, and would definitely be interested in meeting anyone we can.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 PM

291 posts, read 1,204,226 times
We lived in Turtle Creek for 4 years, just moved from there and we loved it. It's about 4 miles from the interstate and Biltmore Estate. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:33 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,672 times
Look into areas around Biltmore Lake I think it's called. If you go on I-26, its off of old exit 6. There are some sweet places to buy and rent right there. Very hilly near the top, behind the WLOS and shopping center there. Isnt that called Biltmore Forest? Or maybe its Biltmore Park, I cant remember.

Driving's a breeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina