Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:29 PM

47 posts, read 121,082 times

Advertisements

will be going to Asheville this weekend for a wedding at the Biltmore house. We will be going early on Friday and staying through the weekend. wondering what to do in spare time, where is good to eat, etc. It is my girlfriend and i, we are in are mid twenties, very open to anything (outdoors to musuems). If you got a sec let me know what you like in Asheville. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 04:51 PM

14 posts, read 34,470 times
Biltmore village has an awesome art shop called "New Morning Gallery", it's always fun to go by and see all of the funky art, pottery, jewelry, furniture! Afterwards, if you head towards downtown... my suggestion for one of the very best restaurants in town is Salsa's. Once you get downtown, just ask anybody local, they'll point you in the right direction. Some of the best food (caribbean/mexican) around and a hip atmosphere. Get the special and a Mojito! Things to do after dinner normally for me and my g/f (both mid 20's) are 1. Go to Old Europe and get a homemade dessert 2. head up the hill to Malaprop's book store to grab a new read and sip on some coffee! I hope this helps some, Asheville is one of my fav towns in NC!

p.s. If caribbean/Mexican fusion isn't your thing, tupelo honey (southern fusion) is a great place, and Zambra's Tapas is a great place to go grab a drink and some unreal good tapas! They are all located within a few hundred feet of each other in downtown! Don't forget to just walk around downtown, that in itself provides awesome people watching and discovery of neat shops!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 04:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltideroll View Post
will be going to Asheville this weekend for a wedding at the Biltmore house. We will be going early on Friday and staying through the weekend. wondering what to do in spare time, where is good to eat, etc. It is my girlfriend and i, we are in are mid twenties, very open to anything (outdoors to musuems). If you got a sec let me know what you like in Asheville. Thanks!!
Get up on the Blue Ridge Parkway and visit the Folk Art Center, it's so awesome! There are many neat things there all made by local artists that you can buy - do some early Christmas shopping It's near mile maker 380 (I think). Then drive north on the Parkway a while and park where you see any other cars parked at pulloffs - there will be trails nearby that you can get out and explore.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,865,803 times
If you like visiting house museums (some young people do!), the Biltmore house is fantastic. To see how the rich lived in the last century is interesting. Spring for the "back stairs" tours to see how the servants lived/worked. I love the gardens in the Spring but not sure about now. The Biltmore Village is fun to walk around and has several restaurants.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:35 PM

47 posts, read 121,082 times
thanks so much for the input, looking forward to it!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:51 PM

513 posts, read 2,112,997 times
This is a great list of outdoor activities in Asheville.
Outdoor Recreation and Outdoor Adventures | Asheville, NC's Official Tourism Web Site

The www.exploreasheville.com website has tons of things to do.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:54 PM

96 posts, read 229,081 times
I have been to Asheville, go to the Grove Park Inn, even if it is just for lunch, that place in amazing!!!! However careful parking your car, I parked mine, went out for a drink and got back and it had been keyed for no reason... Someone said perhaps someone thought I was an Ex, but that is impossible cause I still had my CT plates on my car

Old 10-02-2008, 07:04 PM

850 posts, read 2,652,722 times
Drinks at the Sunset Terrace at the Grove Park....Awesome, Dinner at the Corner Kitchen Biltmore Village and the cool shops and restaurants in Downtown... Have fun!

Old 10-05-2008, 11:50 AM

124 posts, read 479,448 times
Another good website.

www.romanticeasheville.com (broken link)

Old 10-05-2008, 03:22 PM

267 posts, read 807,113 times
We plan on stopping at the Asheville Pizza and Brewery while we're up there. Anyone have any reviews? I'm going mostly to try out there brews, as I'm on a microbrewery kick the last couple of years.

Asheville Pizza & Brewing Company (broken link)

I guess while I'm at it, are there any other microbreweries in the area I should check out? Won't have much time for actual drinking, but would love to pick up a few six packs to take home ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina