Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 04:32 PM

2 posts, read 8,890 times

Advertisements

Hello. My husband and I are wanting to move to Buncombe County. We dont want to live in asheville, but would love to live outside of it. We are looking into renting. No apt, or town home. Either a trailer or house in the range of $400-$600 rent.
If anyone can let us know if this is feesable, or a way to go about it. Any information would be much appreciated.
Areas to look at for cheap rent, things to look out for, agencies that are known to help low income families find affordable housing would be great!
Thanks
Nak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 06:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
You might find a single wide in your price range, but not much else.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:07 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You might find a single wide in your price range, but not much else.
So very true! Or you might find low income housing but, that brings on another whole host of problems.

I've been looking for ages for something similar myself. I love Hendersonville but, that commute into Asheville is killing my pocketbook, plus I'm putting way too many miles on my car.

I've found a few things here and there but, what is usually the case, they clearly state - NO DOGS! I'm not leaving my baby behind. LOL

It seems to be very competitive out there on apartments in that range. They tend to get snapped up really quickly (as in a day or two).

My suggestion is if you find something that fits your budget, is clean, in a decent neighborhood - you better jump right on it. Because by tomorrow, it will be gone. Trust me, I know of what I speak.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:55 AM

124 posts, read 479,304 times
I rent in Asheville and it is under $600. Don't have a ton of amenities in my apt but it is in a very safe community and a very quiet area.

Check out 4 Way Managment, you can find them in apartment finder. They have properties in Asheville but are very affordable.

Outside of Asheville, you will have to pay at least, at least $700, and many of them that I looked at were not even as nice as the one I live in now.

In other words, take a look at areas of asheville, south, east, north, but west may not be to your liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina