Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:34 AM

34 posts, read 87,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
I'm not sure I'd want to commute to Biltmore from Madison County since the estate is on the south end of town, while Madison County is on the opposite end. It would be a 30+ minute drive.
If a small commute is what you seek, Blk Mtn is the place for you. It is not expensive to live here and it is only 12 miles from Asheville; along with more than one way to avoid the heavy traffic on the main routes. We hope you consider our little town. Please feel free to explore the links and if I can help in any way..... please drop a line!

Happy Hunting and good luck at the Biltmore!

Shea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 07:19 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
If a small commute is what you seek, Blk Mtn is the place for you. It is not expensive to live here and it is only 12 miles from Asheville; along with more than one way to avoid the heavy traffic on the main routes. We hope you consider our little town. Please feel free to explore the links and if I can help in any way..... please drop a line!

Shea
I really love Black Mountain! We didn't end up buying there (ended up right in town, Asheville) but it was at the top of my list when I was looking. For such a small town it has sooo much charm, and I was surprised at how hip it seemed and very active with many shoppers and small cafes. And it is so beautiful! Those mountains right there, and right down the road is Montreat, THE most beautiful campus I've ever seen! I have also noticed that it is several degrees cooler there in the summer - noticed this when my hubby and I take a drive down there which we love to do all the time. I highly recommend this town - and it's only 10 - 15 minutes into Asheville - with lots of shopping much closer than that!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:07 AM

34 posts, read 163,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post

Shea
Thank you Shea! My husband and I are really feeling better about this move. I know that every area has it ups and downs but we've hit more highs in the WNC area than any place else. Just keep your fingers crossed for me with the Biltmore position. If not I can always fall back on my administrative university experience, but I'm looking for a change and the Biltmore would be ideal!! best, t'weedz

Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 AM

34 posts, read 163,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I really love Black Mountain! We didn't end up buying there (ended up right in town, Asheville) but it was at the top of my list when I was looking. For such a small town it has sooo much charm, and I was surprised at how hip it seemed and very active with many shoppers and small cafes. And it is so beautiful! Those mountains right there, and right down the road is Montreat, THE most beautiful campus I've ever seen! I have also noticed that it is several degrees cooler there in the summer - noticed this when my hubby and I take a drive down there which we love to do all the time. I highly recommend this town - and it's only 10 - 15 minutes into Asheville - with lots of shopping much closer than that!
Thanks gypsychic!! My hubby and I are both out-doors folk, and have a love for the mountains, hence our decision to move closer to them. I've been in Colorado's Rocky mountains and Idaho's Bitterroot mountains and but there is something soothing to my soul in the Smoky's, can't explain it, don't try anymore, just keeps me real centered when I'm near them. We'll certainly will not rule out Black Mountain!! Thanks for the encouagement! best, t'weedz

Old 01-29-2007, 10:33 AM

2 posts, read 4,747 times
Hi I've been reading through the posts and have a few questions maybe someone can help me with. We're a family of 4, hubby, me and our 2 kids ages 20 and 15. We're relocating from Charlotte area and were looking into Asheville but for over a month haven't had any luck finding any rentals. Can anyone tell me about Weaverville, Black Mountain or Madison county? We're trying to find an nice, decent area that is a mix between teen friendly so our son doesn't loose his mind but also not right ontop of everyone. Anyone have any input they can share? Hoping to move asap. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina