Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 09:13 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,908,538 times

Advertisements

We're looking to spend a weekend in April in the vicinity of Asheville. We don't necessarily have to stay in Asheville but prefer no more than 20 minute commute to downtown. I've seen the website for some cabins like Cabin Creek Lodge and others. We need it to be pet friendly, and sleep 2 adults and 2 children over 10, and stay under $200 per night inclusive of taxes, pet fees, etc. Does anybody have any experience (pos/neg) about this location or can recommend others. Have to make decision soon. Thanks for all input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
We're looking to spend a weekend in April in the vicinity of Asheville. We don't necessarily have to stay in Asheville but prefer no more than 20 minute commute to downtown. I've seen the website for some cabins like Cabin Creek Lodge and others. We need it to be pet friendly, and sleep 2 adults and 2 children over 10, and stay under $200 per night inclusive of taxes, pet fees, etc. Does anybody have any experience (pos/neg) about this location or can recommend others. Have to make decision soon. Thanks for all input!
Did you see this link earlier? Looks like it's in your price range and is north of Asheville

Moderator cut: url removed

Last edited by autumngal; 03-08-2008 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: please use dm

Old 03-08-2008, 12:41 PM

442 posts, read 1,510,476 times
Quote:
Check out the bungalow at the B&B at Ponder Cove - about 25 minutes from Asheville and the innkeepers couldn't be friendlier - they love dogs! Asheville Bed and Breakfast Inn North Carolina Madison County. They don't allow kids in the inn (just three bedrooms) but the bungalow is sweet - kid and dog friendly.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:

Also came across these cabins on the Madison County Chamber of Commerce's site - haven't stayed there but they look really nice and clean and pet friendly. Good luck.
Hot Springs NC Honeymoon Cabin Rental with hot tub near Asheville and The Biltmore.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:40 PM

Thank you, loves. I will check those links out. I have spent the better part of the day e-mailing some of the owners of the ones I found in Black Mountain and Weaverville, but sometimes, their restrictions on pets are ridiculous. We have a very gentle golden and we were planning to collapse and bring his crate with us. One did not want us to leave the dog in the cabin even in the crate, and the other one did not allow male dogs to pee on plants and wanted dogs carried until you are able to take the dog to the "authorized" dog area? I mean, I'm supposed to carry a 54 lb dog so he does not raise his leg on shrubs??? And why for the life of me I can't leave a dog in a crate is beyond me! I am getting so frustrated that I may have to board the dog here in Fort Mill, which I really don't want to do since he would enjoy the mountains and lakes so much. I have heard that there are many pet friendly establishments...I mean this dog does not even pee in his own backyard! Okay...enough of my rant...just really peeved at this point!

Old 03-08-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Thank you, loves. I will check those links out. I have spent the better part of the day e-mailing some of the owners of the ones I found in Black Mountain and Weaverville, but sometimes, their restrictions on pets are ridiculous. We have a very gentle golden and we were planning to collapse and bring his crate with us. One did not want us to leave the dog in the cabin even in the crate, and the other one did not allow male dogs to pee on plants and wanted dogs carried until you are able to take the dog to the "authorized" dog area? I mean, I'm supposed to carry a 54 lb dog so he does not raise his leg on shrubs??? And why for the life of me I can't leave a dog in a crate is beyond me! I am getting so frustrated that I may have to board the dog here in Fort Mill, which I really don't want to do since he would enjoy the mountains and lakes so much. I have heard that there are many pet friendly establishments...I mean this dog does not even pee in his own backyard! Okay...enough of my rant...just really peeved at this point!
Ponder Cove will let you leave the pet in the room if you have him in a crate.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:30 AM

124 posts, read 816,474 times
Have you tried VRBO.com or greybeardrealty.com? Greybeard has a great selection of rentals in all price ranges. My favorite is the Double Dogwood located in Black Mountain.....pet friendly, great location and reasonable considering what you get. Good luck. I have found many of the property management companies out of Asheville to be pricey as they represent higher end homes.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 AM

Looks like we are staying at Cabin Creek Lodge in Black Mountain. They had very reasonable rates for the accomodations. We are renting their Dogwood Cabin which has a loft with mattresses so the kids can hang out there if they want to. DH has decided we were not going to leave the dog in the cabin crated anyway, except for when we go out to dinner, so I think it's a go. Thanks for everyone's help. The other places were great romantic locations but some of them were just for couples and pets..no kids, so that's not going to work. I wish I could stay longer...looks like I am just scratching the tip of the iceberg and finding out how beautiful western NC could be!

Old 03-09-2008, 03:13 PM

88 posts, read 413,618 times
oooh i have just the place for you and your pets. google swiss chalet rentals, asheville. we stayed there a few weeks ago and are going back in april. the cabins are located on the back of beaucatcher mtn on the tunnel road side. they are old but very clean. very, reasonable and right in town!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina