Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 07:06 PM

69 posts, read 100,180 times

Advertisements

Looking to find the top realtor in the High Country to appraise and possibly list our home. Need someone with proven results. We previous sold our home up north using the top sales agent in the county and had the house sold in less than two weeks. I would be happy listing with the company that has the best track record also. Many thanks in advance ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 08:49 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,566,877 times
I have had no success finding a real estate agent in the High Country that has the same work ethic as those we have used "off the mountain" in Winston-Salem and Greenville, SC. We have had a couple of different properties - small acreage land and a townhouse - listed at various times over the past 5 years in the High Country.

Yes, I know full well that the real estate market has been severely depressed in the High Country over the past 5 years, and I'm not talking about successful sales. I'm talking about not being able to find an agent who maintains a reasonable level of communication, someone who will offer the seller sound advice on preparing a property for showing to its best advantage, and so on. We have used agents based in Boone, Blowing Rock and Banner Elk. I'm afraid I cannot give you the name of a single person I would recommend.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 AM

Thanks for the reply. I agree that the market is somewhat soft right now as many that looked for second homes up here are no longer in the market. Primary home sales are also flat esp. looking at the inventory and being discouraged that the prices haven't really dropped for homes 20-30 years old. I have a 3 year old home that I think is a 'bargain' compared to what you would get in Boone for the same price range. We are half way between Wilkes and Boone. Unfortunately, I do not have great admiration for the realtors up here either. <sigh>

Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,629,184 times
Sorry to hear that. There is a ReMax office in Boone; and their agents have several years experience. I am partial to the ReMax franchise because I know the dedication and experience their agents are required to have in order to be associated with ReMax. There must be at least one agent there, male or female, that would appreciate working with you. You should always choose a full-time agent who has longevity in the profession; and follow their advice on price and the current local market. Each home is unique. Best of luck.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 PM

Thanks QuilterChick ... we will consider ReMax when we begin interviewing realtors.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,629,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdyGourmet View Post
Thanks QuilterChick ... we will consider ReMax when we begin interviewing realtors.

Edy, if you haven't done so already, you may also want to do some searching on www.Realtor.com by zip codes for the towns you are interested in. Don't narrow down your criteria too much or you won't get enough results, because those are small towns. Realtor Dot Com is the official website for the National Assoc. of Realtors, and listings are uploaded within 24 hours or sooner, by all local Boards.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:28 PM

440 posts, read 1,095,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Sorry to hear that. There is a ReMax office in Boone; and their agents have several years experience. I am partial to the ReMax franchise because I know the dedication and experience their agents are required to have in order to be associated with ReMax. There must be at least one agent there, male or female, that would appreciate working with you. You should always choose a full-time agent who has longevity in the profession; and follow their advice on price and the current local market. Each home is unique. Best of luck.
Glad to hear you say that about RE/MAX Boone. I have spoke to them already, most likely will go with them as my Brokerage there. I love RE/MAX here. BTW...we should be up there by end of Sept.-Oct.!! Keep us in prayer.....Have a blessed weekend!

Old 08-10-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Edy, if you haven't done so already, you may also want to do some searching on www.Realtor.com by zip codes for the towns you are interested in. Don't narrow down your criteria too much or you won't get enough results, because those are small towns. Realtor Dot Com is the official website for the National Assoc. of Realtors, and listings are uploaded within 24 hours or sooner, by all local Boards.
Thanks again ... I scour Realtor dot Com from time to time to see what kind of competition I will have if I chose to list. Honestly, there is none based on what I have to offer. Like I said, either you are buying something built on the side of a mountain, dirt and/or private road, probably without CATV or high speed data, and either older home (20++) or pushing half-mil in price. I have none of those issues -- but we are somewhat rural. Thanks again ...

Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM

440 posts, read 1,095,818 times
I will be there soon! ;0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina