Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 04:47 PM

19 posts, read 33,947 times

Advertisements

thanks to all for your input..I look forward to our visit to WNC!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 04:24 PM

19 posts, read 33,947 times
Well I guess we decided to visit Hendersonville!! The housing prices scared me off at first, but after further review, they're aren't too bad..we're empty nesters, so schools aren't a issue, my pain mgt (hopefully) will be just to the North..it seems like there's everything I could want, just in town..

Old 09-16-2012, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 630 times
Hi there - I've read through all the posts here and I believe that Swannanoa has a lot to offer. We are in a quiet rural area but very close and convenient to I-40, Black Mountain, and Asheville. The mountain views here are spectacular. We have our home for sale and it has a lot of privacy plus mountain views. It is a townhome with all exterior maintenance provided. No mowing, painting, leaf raking, weeding, snow plowing, etc. We have a clubhouse and heated pool. The main portion of our home is handicapped accessible and we have a cozy Jotul gas log stove which heats most of the open living area. We have several nice fishing holes nearby. C D Owen Park is in walking distance and has 2 large fishing ponds plus it is right next to the Swannanoa River which is a trout stocked stream. There is also a private fishing lake across the river from the park.

I go to Care Partners in Swannanoa for physical therapy if that's any help. Hendersonville is an easy drive all via Interstate if that is what you wish to do. And of course Asheville is just down the road. We love living in the Swannanoa Valley. Our home has city water, sewer and natural gas all of which can be a rare fine outside the city limits. County taxes (which we have) are much lower than city taxes. We looked at rentals when we moved here and found they were over-priced and not nice. So we bought this townhome and have loved living here. However, we are selling now and moving up the valley to another location in this general area.

Regards,
Mountain girl who loves hiking and fishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina