Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2006, 10:02 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times

Advertisements

Anyone from Maggie Valley??? I would like to know what winter is like? How much snow? I know homes even mobile ones are expensive. Am I just dreaming wanting to move there? How about jobs? Where do the people that live there work? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2006, 11:08 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Anyone from Maggie Valley??? I would like to know what winter is like? How much snow? I know homes even mobile ones are expensive. Am I just dreaming wanting to move there? How about jobs? Where do the people that live there work? Thanks

I think there a previous thread on this topic here, check back. I think they were saying not much in jobs, but I know I'm considering a possible investment there for retiring.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:16 PM

4 posts, read 30,503 times
Default Maggie Valley

I live in Maggie Valley. I have lived in Haywood County for 10 years and Maggie for 3 years. Largest employer in Haywood County is Blue Ridge paper, in Maggie tourism is King. If you want to open or work in a restaurant, hotel, gift shop, etc. The big family amusement is opening back up after closing Ghost Town will open in May 2007. Winter are mild (I am from NH!). We get three or four "storms" a year with 4-6 inches of snow. Most snow is gone by the third or fourth day. Housing runs the range from castles to shacks. Most homes in Maggie are 2 bedroom/2 bath. Lots of rentals. If you want something that needs some work or a smaller home you can find one for $90K to $140K. Lots of move in ready homes in the $190K on up depending on the view and if you want a log home. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina