Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM

440 posts, read 1,092,887 times

Advertisements

No... NC does NOT have reciprocity with FL.......sadly. I will have to redo my education. I have already contacted NCREC. I am studying for the classes & exam already. It took me 4-5 wks. of classes here.... then class exam, state exam, post licensing and CE. I love learning and classes so I am fine with it......... it is what it is, right? "If God brings you to it ...he'll get you through it." I will keep my Fl. license active while I work on my licensing and learning the lay of the land in NC. I have an agent I have paired up with before helping with my listings when we leave Fl. I can do everything but the "physical" part. I took a trip across country last year and handled all of it out of the road (even got a contract!).... as long as I have my phone & computer & support of my Co-Worker. Of course once I have my license with a RE Brokerage in NC I can't keep my Fl. license active........... it will have to go voluntary inactive.

***YOUNG92......... when did you get your license??

Seems like I am always taking CE classes here.........but I LOVE it! ~*~ Donna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 05:28 PM

729 posts, read 1,506,124 times
I got my license in 2004. It was a little easier then although I was working full time, taking classes and studying ever free second of the day. The state test has a very low pass rate. I made darn sure I was on the passing side of that stat.

LOL! We often joke that going on vacation is the best thing for business. It does seem that contracts seem to appear when you leave town!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:17 AM

I got mine in 2008. they had a 1 out of 2 pass rate. I was determined to pass. on your exam.... is it 100 questions? 10 math/formulas & 90 principles & law??

Old 05-11-2011, 01:16 PM

...ok...i called ncrec. they said if I have a valid active real estate license (i will keep mine active), become a resident of nc...... I don't have to redo my education..... only take/pass the state exam.... great! of course I will still have to do post licensing & ce. )

Old 05-12-2011, 10:36 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedLady View Post
...ok...i called ncrec. they said if I have a valid active real estate license (i will keep mine active), become a resident of nc...... I don't have to redo my education..... only take/pass the state exam.... great! of course I will still have to do post licensing & ce. )

Yay! So only 98 hours of classwork instead of 173 hours

I would have said that earlier but I thought the way you wrote it that once you move out of Florida they don't let you keep your license active.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yay! So only 98 hours of classwork instead of 173 hours

I would have said that earlier but I thought the way you wrote it that once you move out of Florida they don't let you keep your license active.
I can keep the Fl. license active until I find an NC brokerage to put my license with. I will have to put my license in Fl. Voluntary Inactive. I am finding it interesting ... the differences and similarities .... FL vs NC Real Estate. I have alot to learn...........and on top of it learning a whole new area! I am definitely getting a GPS *wink* Donna

Old 05-12-2011, 07:10 PM

729 posts, read 1,506,124 times
I couldn't tell you much about the tests now. They changed everything around 2007 - 2008 when we went to an all broker state. Get a hold of a HUD1 closing statement and really find out all you can about our contracts and closings. That is going to be your big difference between states.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by young92 View Post
I couldn't tell you much about the tests now. They changed everything around 2007 - 2008 when we went to an all broker state. Get a hold of a HUD1 closing statement and really find out all you can about our contracts and closings. That is going to be your big difference between states.
The test includes (or used to) doing a closing statement from scratch with an "example". When I took the test in 2003, they said that it counted for 25% of your total score. So you cannot get less than a 75 which means if the closing statement is off by one penny... you have no leeway for any other wrong answers. You can take it over again within X amount of days though. NC is one of the most difficult real estate exams and no two people get the same exam, so don't even think of collaberating with another "student". I was quite happy to get a 95 the first time around. Cumbie has a good program and excellent instructors.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:22 AM

606 posts, read 1,979,204 times
Hi Donna!! Looking forward to being neighbors! Let me know if I can help in any way. I have a bunch of people at my beck and call that will do what ever you need. Is your son athletic at all? Tom Wright is the Athletic Director at the high school and a good friend. Give me a call when you hit town and we'll do lunch, my treat! 828-295-8333 is my office. If I'm not there just leave a msg and I'll get it pretty quickly.

Tracey :-)

Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 PM

... OFFER UPDATE.................. we just found out yesterday that our offers are in. They want to sit down with us Wed. or Thurs. to go over it...... and an over view of the "75" page report. So we are closer. Just praying it is all completed before the fall as I don't want my son to start school and then we pull him out. BTW.... he is coming around to our move too. God is in control! Donna

*** please keep us in Prayer......... GROUP PRAYER WORKS! *** Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina