Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 01:09 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,865,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
In my opinion- yes. Very genuine.

Did you look at that side by side comparison? It's pretty dramatic.
I actually went to click the link you posted and it's no longer there. Can you reshare please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 02:49 PM

110 posts, read 224,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Is anyone familiar with any WV homestead tax exemptions or benefits? If so, can you share what they might include or how to qualify?
HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION
This program provides for a $20,000 exemption against the total assessed value of a single family dwelling, including mobile or manufactured homes, owned and occupied as a residence by any person who is at least sixty-five years old (or totally and permanently disabled)

and who has legally resided in and paid taxes on a homestead in this State for two consecutive taxable years before filing for this exemption. However, if an owner receives a similar exemption for a homestead in another state, then the owner is ineligible for the Homestead Exemption in West Virginia.

Contact your county assessor's office to qualify for this and other programs.
You may find helpful:
https://www.taxformfinder.org/forms/...on-tsd-411.pdf

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-10-2024 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Old 02-07-2024, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillsAndTrees View Post
Quote:
Is anyone familiar with any WV homestead tax exemptions or benefits? If so, can you share what they might include or how to qualify?
HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION
This program provides for a $20,000 exemption against the total assessed value of a single family dwelling, including mobile or manufactured homes, owned and occupied as a residence by any person who is at least sixty-five years old (or totally and permanently disabled)

and who has legally resided in and paid taxes on a homestead in this State for two consecutive taxable years before filing for this exemption. However, if an owner receives a similar exemption for a homestead in another state, then the owner is ineligible for the Homestead Exemption in West Virginia.

Contact your county assessor's office to qualify for this and other programs.
You may find helpful:
https://www.taxformfinder.org/forms/...on-tsd-411.pdf
Thanks for that, most appreciated but I don't think it will be that appealing for me to pursue

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-10-2024 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: Fixed quotes

Old 02-07-2024, 03:41 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Quote:
I actually went to click the link you posted and it's no longer there. Can you reshare please?
It appears a mod removed it because it maybe a competitor site. I apologize for that.

Here's the major stats-
Poverty rate- Clarksburg- 24.1% Bridgeport- 4.41%
Median income- Clarksburg- $42,254 Bridgeport- $87,936
Property value- $92,100 Bridgeport- $227,100 (2021 est.)

The towns are literally 5 miles apart, and the discrepancy is massive.

Old 02-07-2024, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
It appears a mod removed it because it maybe a competitor site. I apologize for that.

Here's the major stats-
Poverty rate- Clarksburg- 24.1% Bridgeport- 4.41%
Median income- Clarksburg- $42,254 Bridgeport- $87,936
Property value- $92,100 Bridgeport- $227,100 (2021 est.)

The towns are literally 5 miles apart, and the discrepancy is massive.
That's pretty shocking wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia