Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,172 times

Advertisements

I am a recent college graduate and I just got a job in Charleston. I am having a very hard time finding a reasonably priced apartment or townhouse in a nice area somewhere between Hurricane and Cross Lanes. I feel like I have driven all over the place and called all the listings in the paper for the past 3 weeks and have yet to find anything that is really what I am looking for. I am a young single woman, so it is of utmost importance to find something that is very nice and safe. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a one or two bedroom apartment or townhouse that is $575 a month or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM

108 posts, read 452,442 times
Try this link:
Classifieds - - The Herald-Dispatch
This is for the Huntington newspaper's website. Most of their listings are in Huntington, due to all the Marshall students, but I saw a couple in the Barboursville/Pea Ridge area (near the Huntington Mall, about 15 miles west of Hurricane). This is one of the better places to live between Huntington and Charleston that is still relatively affordable. The downside is that your commute will be longer, and with gas prices increasing, it may be farther than you'd want to drive every day. I did see one ad for a rental in Milton, which is about six miles west of Hurricane, so that would be a little closer.

Of course, you may already know where all these places are, and if so, I apologize for telling you things you already know. I wasn't sure if you were coming from out of town or if you were already familiar with the area. Hopefully someone else will have some suggestions that are closer to Charleston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia