Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 08:51 PM

194 posts, read 183,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
I hate to agree but Corridor H should be a top priority for the state

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
I do agree Corridor H needs to be finished up ASAP
The one solutions to expand the road bring back the chain gang and fill it with Opheads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 02:41 PM

7,029 posts, read 2,731,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern-Quill View Post
As I have the sweet brown cola monkey on my back I was gonna ask if WV says Soda or Pop

And how much is a big gulp at 711 in WV
It's GoMart, not 7-11 in WV.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:44 PM

7,029 posts, read 2,731,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Wow. They are spending huge sums to run roads to nowhere through Greenbriar County and elsewhere in the southern tier, but you don't think they would be interested in providing more roadway between DC/Baltimore and the Midwest? Have you ever driven around the DC area? The PA Turnpike is seriously overburdened. They can't expand it due to the numerous tunnels on it, bisecting the Allegheny Range. They very much need a redundant route, and this one would be toll free, attracting a lot of truck traffic. It makes perfect sense, which is why the West Virginia state government won't even give it a passing thought. The initiative would have to come from the Feds.

Moundsville isn't dying as quickly as some of those places they are currently spending tens of millions building roads around down there, and it is smack in the middle of the most valuable natural gas deposits in the world.
Roads to nowhere in Greenbrier County? Lots of money in that county and people with second homes close to the Greenbrier Resort. Jim Justice is going to invest heavily around his toys.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:53 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,515,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
It's GoMart, not 7-11 in WV.
Unless you're in the Eastern Panhandle

If you walk up to someone here and say "GoMart" they'll say "Go where???" Completely unheard of here. Ditto for Tudor's and Gino's (sadly).

7-11, Rocs and Sheetz rule this land. You can also be in Wawa's domain in 30 minutes now (several on the commuter routes to DC).

Old 06-30-2019, 07:21 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,555,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Unless you're in the Eastern Panhandle

If you walk up to someone here and say "GoMart" they'll say "Go where???" Completely unheard of here. Ditto for Tudor's and Gino's (sadly).

7-11, Rocs and Sheetz rule this land. You can also be in Wawa's domain in 30 minutes now (several on the commuter routes to DC).
7-11 has been making a massive expansion in general too. Watch over the next five to ten years at how many GoMarts become 7-11.

I keep trying to get to a Tudor's! But it seems like they all have really narrow morning-based hours, and living about 4-5 hours away from the closest one myself, this poses a problem. SOME. DAY.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:04 PM

194 posts, read 183,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
7-11 has been making a massive expansion in general too. Watch over the next five to ten years at how many GoMarts become 7-11.

I keep trying to get to a Tudor's! But it seems like they all have really narrow morning-based hours, and living about 4-5 hours away from the closest one myself, this poses a problem. SOME. DAY.
I was "Researching" and apparently dressing as a Tudor's biscuit for Halloween is a thing to do

Thus I had to do further research and read the menu and then I found a secret menu item that is a Biscuit that has 6 or 8 layers of stuff called "The Rocket". I kind of want to have the rocket spread out on a plate covered in gravy they can call it the Launch Pad of the Tudors on the river boat can call it a Full House.

But obviously what I have to have for my first lunch at Tudor's is the Slawdog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia