Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:47 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,509,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Has anyone heard what stores and restaurants will sit where the old Sears was? I've been waiting for an article about future tenants for a while.
The project at the Martinsburg Mall has gone completely quiet since they finished preparing the land a couple of months ago. There have been no articles, and it has not been brought up at Planning Commission meetings (as least it hasn't been noted in the minutes). I am going to assume this is because they are busy signing contracts and preparing plans. The original articles stated they weren't going to begin construction on the pads until this spring, so I'm still hopeful that this project is still active. It has been months since I have seen activity on the site. Right now it is just leveled dirt with water and sewer pipes jutting from the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 10:11 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
The project at the Martinsburg Mall has gone completely quiet since they finished preparing the land a couple of months ago. There have been no articles, and it has not been brought up at Planning Commission meetings (as least it hasn't been noted in the minutes). I am going to assume this is because they are busy signing contracts and preparing plans. The original articles stated they weren't going to begin construction on the pads until this spring, so I'm still hopeful that this project is still active. It has been months since I have seen activity on the site. Right now it is just leveled dirt with water and sewer pipes jutting from the ground.
I've been checking out the owner's website for more information, but all of the material is outdated.

Paramount Development Corporation

Old 12-14-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I've been checking out the owner's website for more information, but all of the material is outdated.

Paramount Development Corporation
I have been checking that website frequently as well. It doesn't really have a lot of information at all, and includes old maps with the former Sears building still included.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:33 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
Anyone know where American Optical moved to??? It was next to the old Sears ... now its gone!

Old 12-15-2014, 05:15 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,706 times
I've always wondered what the scope of Paramount's redevelopment plan is. Yes, the new shops and restaurants will bring some people to the area, but what about in-line retail? They haven't said anything about attracting new tenants to the enclosed portion.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I've always wondered what the scope of Paramount's redevelopment plan is. Yes, the new shops and restaurants will bring some people to the area, but what about in-line retail? They haven't said anything about attracting new tenants to the enclosed portion.
I completely agree with your point and am slightly concerned about it. They can add as many outparcels and exterior renovations as they want, but when people step inside they will still be disappointed. It's like putting a mask on the real issue at hand. While I agree, the outparcels and current plans will absolutely benefit the mall, it also takes initiative in the improvement and development of in-line retail. Perhaps that is what they will focus on once the outparcels are completed.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Anyone know where American Optical moved to??? It was next to the old Sears ... now its gone!
Good question, I noticed that it went out as well but have not heard anything about it moving. From one of the plans I saw, from what I can tell that entire end of the mall is going to be renovated with an exterior entrance and smaller shops facing outwards. I may have looked at it wrong, but in the brochure released by Segall Realty Group for nearby Shoppes at Foxcroft, it showed the nearby mall with the proposed site plan. That entire end where American Optical was looks as though it is going to be reconfigured, so perhaps this explains why they closed? Again, just a guess and I may have looked at it wrong. It is on page 4 of the link below:

http://www.segallgroup.com/media/pro...t_brochure.pdf

-mmccul

Old 12-15-2014, 09:34 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
OK but any idea where they went. Need Glasses Bad. thru them I was paying less that $100 for what others wanted $300!

BTW this is what the Mall pulled on Allegany Optical! It & several other stores use to be where the Walmart Grocery part is! & there was a door from Walmart into the rest of the Mall without freezing your butt off or getting wet. History repeats itself it Martinsburg!

Old 12-16-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
OK but any idea where they went. Need Glasses Bad. thru them I was paying less that $100 for what others wanted $300!

BTW this is what the Mall pulled on Allegany Optical! It & several other stores use to be where the Walmart Grocery part is! & there was a door from Walmart into the rest of the Mall without freezing your butt off or getting wet. History repeats itself it Martinsburg!
I do not know where they have moved, if at all. I did not know that about Allegany and other stores being moved for that entrance, interesting.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:23 AM

112 posts, read 200,918 times
Thanks for posting the link to the brochure. Good find! And, good use of the vacant property. Hopefully, the new mall construction will also start soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia