Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 PM

76 posts, read 363,875 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there will be more stores coming to Ranson and Charles Town? When I went to visit, I notice there is no Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, furnitures stores, movie theaters, and clothing stores. They are really building up out there it just has to be more stores coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 06:28 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,611,712 times
There is a large new development going up in Ranson, I believe its called Potomac Town Center. There is already Kohl's, Home Depot, Weis grocers and others. The second phase just began construction, it will include a movie theater, Starbucks just to name a few. I'm not sure when the exact opening date is.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Sorry to double post but I wanted to give some links to back up what i was saying. The first link is about the movie theater and a few restaurants going in and the second link is about Starbucks.

Press Room

Press Room

Old 12-12-2007, 06:17 PM

74 posts, read 231,016 times
Yay! It will be so nice to have a movie theater in that area!

Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
It's building up but remember there are a lot of other cultural events and unique places to shop. Jason's antiques in Harpers Ferry, The Oak Barn, Christmas events in Harpers Ferry, Charles Town, Shepherdstown.. The summer drama series in Shepherdstown is regionally acclaimed..

I hope Jefferson County 'life' doesn't wind up revolving around the malls like in NoVa...

Old 02-12-2008, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 14,904 times
Default Stores in Charles Town / Ranson

Stores in Charles Town / Ranson (Jefferson County, WV)
Yes, there will be more coming -- only matter of time when Rt 9 4-lane corridor is completed between Martinsburg and Kearneysville (closer to Ranson). Ranson City is also expanding north and west toward Martinsbug.

The Potomac Markets shopping center in northern Ranson on the expanded Rt. 9 is owned by Carl M. Freeman Companies of Olney, MD -- They are big players and their shopping center here is already enlarging across from the existing shops, which includes a Kohls (fashionable, good clothing), Weis Markets and anchor store Home Depot.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:21 AM

57 posts, read 155,058 times
They are near enough. Ranson is nice as is. LOL You realy do not have to go far to Frederick or Charlestown. That is what makes a small town nice to live in.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:42 AM

11 posts, read 62,544 times
I do agree that a bookstore & movie theater would be nice. However, the new shopping center in Ranson does have a Dunkin Donuts. I personally think their coffee is MUCH better!!! I haven't tried the "froo-froo" stuff. I love the cinnamon spice coffee & I add my own creamer & sugar. I work in DC where there is a Starbucks on every corner. Its a bit overrated in my opinion. Prices are very high too. I would be more inclined to go relax @ a bookstore vs. a Starbucks. There are also some very nice local coffee joints in Shepherdstown on the main strip.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Sheetz coffee is better yet, IMO.

There is also a home grown coffee house downtown in CT called Jumpin Java. It's pretty good too. Trendy, but good.

I'll take my Sheetz 1.29 big @ss cup of coffee anyday though.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 PM

I LOVE SHEETZ COFFEE, I lived on that back during my college years in Morgantown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia