Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:22 AM
x1x

227 posts, read 805,437 times

Advertisements

I always drive by traffic and road conditions, regardless of what the posted speed limit is, so far I have always made it home safely. Just because a sign says you go 70 does not mean you can always do it on any road condition.....or traffic condition.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 02:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x View Post
I always drive by traffic and road conditions, regardless of what the posted speed limit is, so far I have always made it home safely. Just because a sign says you go 70 does not mean you can always do it on any road condition.....or traffic condition.....
The problem is if you indeed obeyed the posted speed limit with everyone else going faster on our urban freeways; which is usually 65 MPH-------if a cop wanted to be a hard-ass, he can cite you for obstructing traffic.

Never mind in traffic court such a ticket would be voided.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:30 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,234,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The problem is if you indeed obeyed the posted speed limit with everyone else going faster on our urban freeways; which is usually 65 MPH-------
Remember, this is the West Virginia forum... we don't know what that word urban means.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
Remember, this is the West Virginia forum... we don't know what that word urban means.
I know of what you speak of; the Charleston metro area has about the same population as just Tempe, Az.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:31 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,310,545 times
If we have urban cowboys in America...could we be called urban hillbillies in West Virginia, against the sub-urban Hillbillies or just the regular hillbillies...not to be confused with the Beverly Hillbillies. Could this be a stratafication of socalization of the Wv culture?

Old 06-04-2008, 11:11 AM

This wet weather cycle is causing our primitive highways to flood, I-68 and I-79 are very susceptible to hydroplaning and remember under that water is a coating of oil from the engines and transmissions of the big rigs...

good luck as you run the guantlet to and from work today..

Old 06-06-2008, 11:50 AM

566 posts, read 1,578,443 times
Yes David, even the new Corridor D is quite prone to hydroplaning at lower than posted speeds. Some roads are built too quickly.

On Rt.47 Wednesday, I was either spinning or going into anti-lock for 40 miles.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:58 PM

You just mentioned Anti-lock...If a car is in 'Cruise Control Mode...and it hydro planes, the computer tells the car to go faster...here's an invention to be developed..

Two-rivers: Glad you made it back...Anti-lock brakes have saved me two times now...

One of the great catastrophies of out age is 'Time Management....We need to throw away the calendars...clocks and work schedules...
In the coming 'change we can believe in, we will be able to do that...I'm for all that...now, let me check that on-line banking statement....to see where the money is coming from.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:32 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
snorp I think its the dividing line when realtors call things city lots or 'lot size' vs acreage.

It's very hard to brag on about .21 acre unless you don't like green things or are trying to save $ on astroturf sq footage. Saw pictures yrs ago- retiree did that with their backyard in hoa neighborhood in florida.
Your very own putt putt? hahahahaa

(he really resented cutting grass, can you tell?)

DK the same amount is there, your math isn't wrong. it's just worth 1/2 of great british pounds. If everybody was in on it, its nobodys fault. See?

Old 06-06-2008, 05:32 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
One of the great catastrophies of out age is 'Time Management....We need to throw away the calendars...clocks and work schedules...
In the coming 'change we can believe in, we will be able to do that...I'm for all that...now, let me check that on-line banking statement....to see where the money is coming from.
I think I found some lost cash- $1.7 trillion, right?
http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/05/news...lows/index.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia