Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,811 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I've been reading up on the forums to get info on where and where not to live if I (potentially soon) move to the WPB area. I was hoping to get any and all opinions on some of the areas I'm looking at:

Downtown: Prado, City Palms, City Plaza, Courtyard at CityPlace, 610 Clematis
West Palm Beach: Emerald Dunes
Palm Beach Gardens: Gables Montecito, Fiore at the Gardens, San Matera, Residences at Legacy Place
Jupiter: Abacoa Town Center, Mallard's Cove, Floresta, Vintage at Abacoa

I'm kind of overwhelmed here, I know . Still, any insight or personal experiences in any of these areas would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 07:46 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 660,070 times
Jupiter and PBG are both very nice, all the neighborhoods you listed are safe, beautiful, and clean.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:04 PM

466 posts, read 929,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5* View Post
Jupiter and PBG are both very nice, all the neighborhoods you listed are safe, beautiful, and clean.

I agree. So quiet and pleasant up there.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,885 times
Do not, under no circumstances, move to florida. It is full of under educated, low or no morals/values and addiction laden people.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,424,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDAITHICA View Post
Do not, under no circumstances, move to florida. It is full of under educated, low or no morals/values and addiction laden people.
Thank you random internet person.

BTW, and for future reference, when commenting on the "under educatedness" of other people, it is important to ensure that you don't write something like, "Do not, under no circumstances..."

You were probably going for, "Do not, under ANY circumstances..."

But, back to the OP, all of those areas are good.

I have friends who live or have lived in Prado, 610 Clematis, Courtyards, and City Plaza. They are all young, professional types.

I have lived in Abacoa in Jupiter. I recommend it to anyone. A friend of mine lived in the "Vintage" at Abacoa and enjoyed her time there as well.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM

466 posts, read 929,737 times
[quote=TriMT7;8808640]Thank you random internet person.

BTW, and for future reference, when commenting on the "under educatedness" of other people, it is important to ensure that you don't write something like, "Do not, under no circumstances..."

You were probably going for, "Do not, under ANY circumstances..."

But, back to the OP, all of those areas are good.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha...... LOL...................hahahahahaha

Sounds like someone moved to Florida....... lost his job and had to move back to Ithica.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,811 times
I was going to move there for work, but after FLORIDAITHICA's comment, I'm certainly reconsidering. After all, he makes quite the eloquent argument...

Anyway, thanks all! I think I've settled on one of the CityPlace area condos. They seem more "happening" and catering toward a younger crowd. I got to take a trip down there earlier this week, and I've certainly seen much worse areas. I'll be sure not to venture too far north of Okeechobee.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM

10 posts, read 35,458 times
There are plenty of good areas and there are some bad ones like almost every other city but some may not be as bad. But in West Palm Beach, the bad areas are rough...but excellent city to reside in and its consistantly growing.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:53 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,402,823 times
South tower is starting to rent downtown. I live in the Edge and its a nice building but you have to cross Tamarind on the walk home from Cityplace, which usually means cabbing it on the way home.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:47 PM

123 posts, read 253,205 times
I lived in the Villas at Emerald Dunes last year. Thought it would be nice, since it was next to a golf course, but although the place was nice, it was still occupied by the same rude south floridians. Lots of events where cops showed up, including one where about a dozen cop cars showed up and surrounded an apartment with tear-gas guns, etc. BTW, funny thing on signing the lease was that the rules strictly prohibited drilling for oil !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach