Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:05 PM

272 posts, read 909,772 times

Advertisements

I left S. Florida after 30 yrs because it just isn't safe --- but is anyplace safe? I lived in West Boca and have my house there for sale. There are lots of homes in your price range. Go to REALTOR.com - Real Estate Listings & Homes For Sale and do a search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 9,568 times
We are looking to take up jobs at Boca next summer, which place is more reasonable in terms of house prices,parkland or Boca ? what is the property tax and insurance like in these 2 places respectively for a $600,000 house a rough estimate will be good enogh I just want to have an idea about the housing costs in that area.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,174 times
Sorry to hijack but ive been thinking about Deerfield pines in Deerfield beach any insight? Heard west of 95 is bad that place is right on 1 but price makes me wonder what kind of neigborhood it is thanks

Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 PM

5,025 posts, read 7,464,176 times
Deer Creek which is west of 95 is a fabulous community built around a golf course.
There are various priced homes and rentals.
As beautiful as South Florida beaches are, they attract undesirables.
Unless you can afford to spend at least $500K on a home, I wouldn't suggest living near the beach.
(Unless you're a BIG TIME partier - then go for it.)

Old 06-30-2013, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,531 times
I live in Pompano Beach and would like to move to Boca as well mainly because of schools.
I am looking east prefarebly near Mizner ... Any advise?
Also I heard that property taxes are the higest in Boca.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:17 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,400,009 times
Boca is Expensive...Property taxes are higher and if you want to live in East Boca and need a middle school I would look in another part of boca..

If you decided on East Boca I would look at Addison Mizner Elem...

Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,229,706 times
When I was looking a year ago, I found that SF homes in the 2-4k a month range in Boca east of US 1 to the Intracoastal and the Deerfield Cove area (east of US 1 to the Intracoastal) were pretty comparable price-wise.

If you want to live east - a mile from the beach- I'd go with Boca BC of the schools and walkability.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:56 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,707,491 times
Ummm, let me just clarify:
Deerfield beach is not bad. At all.
The poster saying that that "calling it bad is an understatement" must seriously have a skewed sense of perception and sounds borderline insane. Deerfield Beach is fine. It's just south of Boca.... It's in Broward county and it's perfectly safe.

The actual beach in Deerfield is much cooler and way nicer than Boca's beaches. They have restaurants and shops and a cute little beach vibe going on with some surf shops, bars with live music, a nice fishing pier, restaurants on the beach, etc. Beautifully landscaped beach with nice brick walkways... It's nice. Boca's beaches are nice as well, but there's just high rise condos, etc along the beaches and than u have Spanish River Beach which is nice too, but it's just average IMO.... theres no downtown beach towns in boca so u cant walk off the beach and grab a burger and a drink or grab some stuff or eat somewhere.

Boca is nice obviously, Mizner is cool if u like pretentious older people going through a mid-life crisis showing off their 3 series BMW's to impress the gold diggers at the chain restaurant bars. It's very "upscale" but that doesn't necessarily mean it's some great place to hang. Deerfield is more laid back, relaxed, chill, a lot of "bro's" in deerfield. Younger crowd. so that might not be something you're into. I dont know.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Deerfield beach is not bad. At all.

Boca is nice obviously, Mizner is cool if u like pretentious older people going through a mid-life crisis showing off their 3 series BMW's to impress the gold diggers at the chain restaurant bars. It's very "upscale" but that doesn't necessarily mean it's some great place to hang.

Well said!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitaDud View Post
I am looking east prefarebly near Mizner ... Any advise?
Also I heard that property taxes are the higest in Boca.
If you're in Boca's city limits, the taxes are very expensive.

http://www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us/city/pdf/bocamap.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach