Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 12:33 AM

5 posts, read 6,713 times

Advertisements

La vielle Maison was a GREAT place to eat.... was the place dates would take you if they wanted to impress you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 05:30 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
I haven't been to Glades Plaza in years, even though I frequented that plaza quite often when I lived in Boca. I'm glad to see that Abe & Louie's and TooJay's are still in business, but was terribly saddened to learn of the closure of Brewzzi a few years ago, which was one of my favorite restaurants in Boca. My goodness, that restaurant had the best pizza I've ever eaten at a sit-down restaurant. Did the business owners relocate or retire, or did the restaurant simply go out of business?
Brewzzi failed at City Place first, then the original Boca store failed. I ate there about 6 months before it closed and it was still pretty good. I'd guess the popularity of local craft brews and rising rents ruined their concept. Rent in that area has to be 50-60K a month.

Old 01-23-2022, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 547 times
Default Bounty Lounge

I remember the Bounty Lounge ... Ray ran the Disco and Varny was a server.
I was there around 1985 with IBM working on IBM PC.

Old 01-24-2022, 09:53 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I liked the Elephant Walk's hamburgers & fries especially.

My favorite was the original Tom's Place for Ribs in Boca along the RR tracks at Glades. I used to wait 1/2 hour just to get into that place. When they moved, it wasn't the same to me anymore, but still quite tasty.

Wuv's fast food place was unique, and good fries and milk shakes. It was a purple painted building near FAU.

I went to the Bounty Lounge, but it was kinda too far to be drinking and driving, so unless we had a designated driver, we wouldn't go that far away.

I think Tom Sawyers breakfast place is still in Boca...great breakfast. I was in another state recently, and I think I was in a sister restaurant owned by the same family...maybe it was in Rhode Island???

I recall the fancy night club called Wildflower on the intracoastal waterway & Palmetto Park Road. Dress up & dance place.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:50 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Loved the Elephant Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I liked the Elephant Walk's hamburgers & fries especially.

My favorite was the original Tom's Place for Ribs in Boca along the RR tracks at Glades. I used to wait 1/2 hour just to get into that place. When they moved, it wasn't the same to me anymore, but still quite tasty.

Wuv's fast food place was unique, and good fries and milk shakes. It was a purple painted building near FAU.

I went to the Bounty Lounge, but it was kinda too far to be drinking and driving, so unless we had a designated driver, we wouldn't go that far away.

I think Tom Sawyers breakfast place is still in Boca...great breakfast. I was in another state recently, and I think I was in a sister restaurant owned by the same family...maybe it was in Rhode Island???

I recall the fancy night club called Wildflower on the intracoastal waterway & Palmetto Park Road. Dress up & dance place.
I moved to Boca as a single girl in 1980. My mom and I used to go to lunch at the Elephant Walk early 1980's. I always remember I was there with her having lunch on a weekend and heard about John Belushi passing away.

The Wildflower was fun. I was married by then but it was still good.

My dad also used to take us all to the Cork & Cleaver. Excellent. The servers used to save the rib bones so my dad could take them home for the dogs.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:54 PM

Smile 1970's bar off of Camino Real (SW 2nd Avenue) in Boca Raton?

I went there only a couple of times - the first time I went with my boyfriend who was 7 years older than me and I thought that was really cool to get into a club.

It had a band, pinball and a great bar. Lots of fun, dancing. I'm sure it served meals too.

He was LE and got me in. I was 17.

I tried to get in when I was older and then I couldn't get in.

For some reason, I just was telling someone about this and I couldn't remember the name which is odd for me. I usually remember details like that.

Very popular with the college kids.

Old 06-05-2022, 02:59 PM

Smile Figured out the name

Purity - it was a bar

Really fun place from what I remember.

But, I was 17 so everyone looked very cool and I was thrilled to be in a place I really wasn't supposed to be in.

Looking back though, I remember, I didn't know we were going there. I just had on jeans and a shirt but that was fine.

Old 06-07-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussuebob View Post
I remember the Bounty Lounge ... Ray ran the Disco and Varny was a server.
I was there around 1985 with IBM working on IBM PC.
Remember a black guy named Leroy that hung out there, he was an IBM'r too. Guy was there all the time.

Old 06-07-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I went there only a couple of times - the first time I went with my boyfriend who was 7 years older than me and I thought that was really cool to get into a club.

It had a band, pinball and a great bar. Lots of fun, dancing. I'm sure it served meals too.

He was LE and got me in. I was 17.

I tried to get in when I was older and then I couldn't get in.

For some reason, I just was telling someone about this and I couldn't remember the name which is odd for me. I usually remember details like that.

Very popular with the college kids.

Back of the Winn Dixie plaza.......Whistle Stop was the last name of the place (198 W Camino Real). I always thought it was an old man bar

Old 06-07-2022, 05:21 PM

Smile Before that - I think

Purity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach