Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:19 PM

49 posts, read 300,356 times

Advertisements

i have a place in pompano beach & i've commuted up to WPB during the morning rush. in mileage its only about 20+ but it does take some time. the PM rush is also time consuming if you're travelling from WPB to Ft. Laud. las olas is a very nice area. if you drive w/another person you can always use the HOV lane during the AM/PM rush. summers are hot but they're hot up here in NY too. if you're from the Philly, you're gonna either LOVE it or HATE it. me personally, i love it when we have our winters. after mid april, the humidity bothers my breathing. but, it bothers me here in NY too. half of one or 6 of the other!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 03:57 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,062 times
Believe me - if you work in WPB, you're not going to want to live too close or too far away from it. Ft. Lauderdale, Boca wayyyyy too far! The traffic and the drivers down here are murder!!! Come down for a couple of days and drive it - you'll see. It's not the same kind of commute as in PA - it gets old fast!

My advice is to find a place in the western regions of PBC like Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Lake Worth. Do not do rent anywhere near the Village, or anywhere east of the turnpike for that matter - unless (like DevilDoll mentioned) it's CityPlace - but that's pricy.

Email me if you want more help finding a place - my best friend is a realtor!

P.S. I hope you enjoy excessive heat and humidity!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:15 AM

29 posts, read 54,903 times
Hi, I know I'm resurecting an old thread but now it's my turn - I'm moving to WPB for a job and have been considering several areas. It seems as though crime has increased quite a bit since the last post in this thread - any thoughts?
I was considering Loxahatchee or Jupiter.
Thanks for any help in this area.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:24 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdel07 View Post
Hi, I know I'm resurecting an old thread but now it's my turn - I'm moving to WPB for a job and have been considering several areas. It seems as though crime has increased quite a bit since the last post in this thread - any thoughts?
I was considering Loxahatchee or Jupiter.
Thanks for any help in this area.
Crime has not increased since 2008.

In fact:

New Stats Show Crime Down in Broward, Palm Beach County :: Florida Criminal Lawyer Blog

At any rate, I responded to your post in theother thread. If you want a mix of Loxahatchee AND Jupiter, check out Jupiter Farms or Palm Beach Country Estates.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:36 PM

492 posts, read 1,397,492 times
You can check the crimes your self:
Map: Crimes in your neighborhood from the last three days, week, month. See homicides, robberies, thefts, sex offenders, more. (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/map-crimes-in-your-neighborhood-from-the-last-49616.html - broken link)

Old 10-02-2010, 12:44 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
I don't know where you will be working in WPB, but I liked living in Palm Beach Gardens, Mirasol apartments. Abacoa is nice as well. All depends on what you want. These are good places to start.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,511 times
Hi,
I'm resurrecting this thread. I am 25 and moving from Washington DC to WPB in August. How fast does the market move in the area (specifically how soon would I be able to visit and place a deposit on an apartment). I really like the area around CityPlace. Any specific suggestions as to apartment complexes? Any other areas I should look into?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-01-2014, 11:09 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,240,057 times
Smile Location

Where will your job be located?

Old 01-02-2014, 11:44 AM

17 posts, read 30,581 times
Default Delray would be good for you

Hello there, I have been living in the area now for just over 2 years. You have to be careful in south Florida. Neighborhoods can be extremely spotting. South Florida has a very high crime rate. Aside from that I would recommend Delray Beach. Its a 20-30 minute commute to West palm. Atlantic is a very nice downtown strip. Lots of restaurants, music, the beach is right there, and the holidays are nice. The have a 100 foot Christmas tree they put up. Lake worth east of Federal highway isn't bad either. Lake worth west of Federal is a rough. I'd avoid Boynton Beach, Lake Worth west of Federal HWY. West palm by Climatis street is nice. Lots of restaurants, bars, and City place. City place has the improv comedy club, movie theater, shopping, and good eating.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:18 PM

97 posts, read 140,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
Hi, I'm up for a position in West Palm Beach, Fl. I'll be moving from a quiet town in PA about 45min from downtown Philly. I live in suburbs and I'm just so far from EVERYTHING. What I'd really like to have is a neighborhood that has cafes and restaurants within walking distance and the beach close by. Nice movie theatres and bookstores close by would be great also. I'll be renting and can afford anything up to about 1500-2000 a month. I'm 31 no kids moving with 26yr old sis. We don't do clubs but we like upscale restaurants once in a while. We just want a great area that isn't far away from everything.

I did some research and I like the Las Olas Blvd area because there seems to be so much to do. With the job being in West Palm Beach I'm wondering if Fort Lauderdale would be too much of a commute? I'm wondering if Boca would be better since it's in the middle? I'm used to a long commute to work of about 45min. I think I rather get the lifestyle I want more than worry about commute. I'd really appreciate any words of advice. Of course I'll be visiting the areas before I move I'd just like a heads up about the best neighborhoods with my criteria from people with experience. Thank you!
Unfortunately for me you, west palm beach is suburb. It's a suburb of Miami. The good news, however, is that over here, the beach areas are sometimes urban and have some life to them, and west palm beach happens to be one of them. Las olas is in ft. Lauderdale and its the same as west palm beach.

I would suggest living in the beach area of west palm beach. You have the beach and a little urban life and its all where you live so you don't have to drive far distances. The only bad thing is its a far drive and train ride to the city (Miami) but since you're from the suburbs I'm sure the beach area of west palm beach will seem great to you lol. Plus, do the train ride to get to the city every now and then isn't bad.

Doh, I just realized its an old post lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach