Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:54 AM

5,025 posts, read 7,464,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmeyer View Post
The median household income here is $70K. You can live almost anywhere in the country on $250K and be comfortable. Jupiter is not a super expensive place to live unless you're comparing it to rural areas of the country. Your post is beyond silly.
As stated before, it depends on ones standard of living.
No need for a personal attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 10:12 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,427,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
As stated before, it depends on ones standard of living.
No need for a personal attack.
This is true. Not everyone wants to live in a small mid century or so home , no matter how updated it is.

I’ve been having a hard time finding an Old Florida-type home that hasn’t been updated that’s on a good bit of land further north.

Sometimes I don’t like the updates. To each, their own.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:16 AM

18 posts, read 16,742 times
Having lived in Jupiter/Tequesta area for 17 years, I loved it but it is expensive. It has become a renter's market because many people can't afford to buy. IMO, rents and properties are too expensive unless you are bringing in a decent salary. Hobe Sound and Stuart are cheaper and it is close to the water. JMO.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:04 AM

17,369 posts, read 22,123,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misscat007 View Post
Having lived in Jupiter/Tequesta area for 17 years, I loved it but it is expensive. It has become a renter's market because many people can't afford to buy. IMO, rents and properties are too expensive unless you are bringing in a decent salary. Hobe Sound and Stuart are cheaper and it is close to the water. JMO.
Renters market is a confusing term......to me the rents are insane!

Hobe Sound can be cheaper if you want to live in one of the many trailer parks! Stuart out west might save you a few bucks but in the east it is the same money as Jupiter

Old 06-25-2018, 06:38 AM

25,868 posts, read 12,901,647 times
Thanks for this link. I predicted this epic fail the moment I heard of Brightline on the Vero Beach forum, when we considering moving there. We opted for SW Florida instead, and Brightline was a contributing factor to our choice. It's losing big money now, and will always lose money, and taxpayers will have to bail it out over and over and over again with false promises of it eventually taking off and making money. It will never take off, or even break even. Mass transit loses money almost every time, wherever its tried in the U.S..

The 8 crossings/day may not be a big problem now, but let me know your opinions after it gets to 32...if it ever does get to 32 because the more it run the more $ they/we lose.

This is just another example of big government and big corporations teaming up to fleece taxpayers because it's so easy to spend others peoples money and things they are not smart enough to know they "need".

The faster it gets shut down, the less we'll all be soaked for, but it's all about the soaking, so it will live on until the public outrage is just too much for them to take. They'll hide the losses until they are too large to hide. Why do you think they wont release their ridership #'s? Huge thanks to the news folks who did the headcounts and exposed this scam so early on. My opinon of Rick Scott couldn't have fallen any faster than when I found his buddy's behind it all. Shame on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
Brightline has no riders, another epic fail, not that Tri-Rail ever was convient or worth the hassle and much like Scripps and Biotech in SoFla, here it is 14 years later and nothing that was forecasted ever came true there.

https://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/busi...phQYy7Ywv6jFO/

At that rate, it will fail to survive.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:41 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,430,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Thanks for this link. I predicted this epic fail the moment I heard of Brightline on the Vero Beach forum, when we considering moving there. We opted for SW Florida instead, and Brightline was a contributing factor to our choice. It's losing big money now, and will always lose money, and taxpayers will have to bail it out over and over and over again with false promises of it eventually taking off and making money. It will never take off, or even break even. Mass transit loses money almost every time, wherever its tried in the U.S..

The 8 crossings/day may not be a big problem now, but let me know your opinions after it gets to 32...if it ever does get to 32 because the more it run the more $ they/we lose.

This is just another example of big government and big corporations teaming up to fleece taxpayers because it's so easy to spend others peoples money and things they are not smart enough to know they "need".

The faster it gets shut down, the less we'll all be soaked for, but it's all about the soaking, so it will live on until the public outrage is just too much for them to take. They'll hide the losses until they are too large to hide. Why do you think they wont release their ridership #'s? Huge thanks to the news folks who did the headcounts and exposed this scam so early on. My opinon of Rick Scott couldn't have fallen any faster than when I found his buddy's behind it all. Shame on you!

Lol, meanwhile Brightline station is almost complete in Orlando, and plans are already in the works for a rail expansion to Tampa, and the company is also looking at options for expansion in other state corridors currently serving the middle market between driving and flying (such as LA to Vegas).

The train is creating a buzz already for commuters and business people who travel the tri-county area for business. Anyone unfortunate enough to have to travel into or out of Miami (especially downtown) for work is ecstatic about the train. They've just gotten started and they have an A+ product. Ninnies, nimbys and disaffected boat owners can just stew in their discontent.

The bonus? No more train horns in West Palm Beach, which creates net positives for quality of life.

Meanwhile, enjoy the car-centric sprawl and asphalt paradise in god's waiting room of Southwest Florida.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:02 AM

623 posts, read 967,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Lol, meanwhile Brightline station is almost complete in Orlando, and plans are already in the works for a rail expansion to Tampa, and the company is also looking at options for expansion in other state corridors currently serving the middle market between driving and flying (such as LA to Vegas).

The train is creating a buzz already for commuters and business people who travel the tri-county area for business. Anyone unfortunate enough to have to travel into or out of Miami (especially downtown) for work is ecstatic about the train. They've just gotten started and they have an A+ product. Ninnies, nimbys and disaffected boat owners can just stew in their discontent.

The bonus? No more train horns in West Palm Beach, which creates net positives for quality of life.

Meanwhile, enjoy the car-centric sprawl and asphalt paradise in god's waiting room of Southwest Florida.
They still have to lay 170 miles of track and it's expected to take 3 years

Old 06-29-2018, 03:45 PM

25,868 posts, read 12,901,647 times
Where are all the riders? With so much buzz, you'd think more people would be on the trains. I know 3 business people who live in Palm Beach County and drive to Miami regulalry, and when I asked them if they plan to use the train, they said "no way". They all said, "how do I get around to my appointments once I get off the train?" They dont think uber's fast, or reliable enough. They hate sitting in traffic on I-95, but they'd rather do that than even try the train.

I sure am glad Southwest Florida doesn't have near the asphalt or sprawl that Miami has. No wonder why people are paying so much to live in Jupiter.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:11 PM

17,369 posts, read 22,123,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I sure am glad Southwest Florida doesn't have near the asphalt or sprawl that Miami has. No wonder why people are paying so much to live in Jupiter.
This is one of the coolest videos of Jupiter, the first 2:20 was shot in Jupiter and yeah the water is that blue!
I have seen Alan Jackson at this bar, he no longer has a house in the area though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU

Old 07-01-2018, 09:24 AM

163 posts, read 205,210 times
yes what income do yo have to make to get a 3 bedroom house in Jupiter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach