Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:52 PM

11 posts, read 23,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGators View Post
Although there isn't much out by Ibis and Bayhill, there is a strip mall next door to Ibis. It has a Publix, two banks, a liquor store, 2 hair salons, a casual dinning place, a dunkin donuts, a gas station, and a few other places I can't remember. However, there are plans to build another strip mall just west of Bayhill near coconut and northlake.

Just to give you a little background on Bayhill if you are still interested. The community is basically broken down into two phases. The first phase was started quite awhile ago, something like 20 years. The lots are around the PGA Estate golf course, and are 1 acre lots. I think there are a lot of different builders who came in and built the homes. I believe the were all originally on well water, but a few years ago the county came in and installed water pipes for county water. There are about 250 homes in the first phase. The entire southern half of the community was left alone and undeveloped. Lennar originally came in a few years ago to develop the second phase in the southern section, but then the bubble burst. They built one home, which is still there, and decided to abandon the project.

Fast forward to today, and GL homes has taken over as the builder. They are calling the second phase "The preserve at Bayhill Estates". They have shrunk the lot size to 1/2 acre, which is still quite large for south Florida, and are building around 200 homes in there. This section is not on the golf course, though many of the homes can see the driving range. GL was required to keep a large section of the land as a wetland preserve, hence the name of the community. Most of the lots either border the preserve or a couple of man made lakes. Some back up to Ibis. Last time i went in the sales office they said they are about 65% sold as of now, but I think things have really slowed down around here, so I think it will take another 2 years to sell out. Plus they have an option to add another 40 lots around the preserve if they want to. I guess it depends how well they sell if they exercise that. Google GL homes and look for the preserve if you want to see the home plans. I think that's all i know. We really like it, and after looking at several other places decided to build there. But it is a little too far out west for some, especially if you want the beach town atmosphere. It reminds me of old Florida with the preserve, that's why I like it .
We visited Bay Hill Estates and liked it, but they were sold out except for the spec homes and models. I didn't know about the 40 lots. Do you know anything else about this? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 05:19 AM

216 posts, read 327,856 times
Ibis has recently built a new sports center and the new club house should be finished in November. This is a $40M+ capital improvement project. The sports center is very nice and the club house should be even nicer. We moved here in February and love it. After considering all the factors including location, cost of housing, fees, and amenities, we couldn't be happier. We compared carefully and for us, it was the best choice.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:18 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbig View Post
Ibis has recently built a new sports center and the new club house should be finished in November. This is a $40M+ capital improvement project. The sports center is very nice and the club house should be even nicer. We moved here in February and love it. After considering all the factors including location, cost of housing, fees, and amenities, we couldn't be happier. We compared carefully and for us, it was the best choice.
40MM divided by how many residents? That is a lot of money to spend on a club with older demographics. It could be a real burden for those members in say 10 years after the newness has worn off and members have become less active due to aging. It really would be a burden if it was a 40MM in borrowed money!

Old 07-24-2015, 02:05 PM

216 posts, read 327,856 times
There are about 1800 residences in 1900 acres in Ibis. The assessment for the capital improvement is about $150/month. We appreciate the amenities and the beautiful grounds. The price of houses is less because of the other expenses involved but in total it worked out for us. Again it's not for everyone but we love it.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 954 times
Friends from up north have purchased a home in Bayhill estates but driving around haven't seen many young families outside . Does anyone know the population of golfer/ retirement age/ young families here?

Old 04-09-2018, 08:03 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndamasceno View Post
Friends from up north have purchased a home in Bayhill estates but driving around haven't seen many young families outside . Does anyone know the population of golfer/ retirement age/ young families here?
Mixed for sure. Keep in mind the community was built in 2 phases about 20 years apart. Phase one will be older, less kids (they grew up). Phase 2 is the newer spanish style houses (east side of the neighborhood) and most of those houses are bigger 2 stories so there will be more kids on that side.

Golfer is a trick question as Bay Hill doesn't own that golf course (place fell on hard times, sold it to PGA national). So you can join PGA and play Bay Hill but residents of Bay Hill are not automatic members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
View detailed profiles of: