Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 8,043 times

Advertisements

I just moved a year ago from New Rochelle, New York to Miami Gardens alone (my husband still there, waiting for me to "be happy")... what a change! so I'm going to move (again!) very soon.
He is in the Construction Business, so for him to move here is not that simple, he has a lot to do there, while here...well you know, almost nothing, zero!
I'm looking to relocate to a very nice place, nice people, better economy, less violence, etc.
I'm doing a little research... so far my favorite cities are Boca Raton, Jupiter, Wellington.
Please help me...I don't know what to do... and I want to find a really nice place to live and work, so he can sell our NY home and moved here...I don't want to come back (specially in winter time!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 03:54 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,932,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo1025gri View Post
I just moved a year ago from New Rochelle, New York to Miami Gardens alone (my husband still there, waiting for me to "be happy")... what a change! so I'm going to move (again!) very soon.
He is in the Construction Business, so for him to move here is not that simple, he has a lot to do there, while here...well you know, almost nothing, zero!
I'm looking to relocate to a very nice place, nice people, better economy, less violence, etc.
I'm doing a little research... so far my favorite cities are Boca Raton, Jupiter, Wellington.
Please help me...I don't know what to do... and I want to find a really nice place to live and work, so he can sell our NY home and moved here...I don't want to come back (specially in winter time!).
Why would you move to MIAMI GARDENS????????

Anyway, what exactly is it that you want? Nice people aren't that common in Boca Raton and Wellington in my experiences. Less violence though, thats for sure. Anywhere has less violence than Miami Gardens.

Basically, any community is an upgrade. The people in those Palm Beach County communities have this self insular, snobby attitude if it matters, but overall, all 3 are nice all around communities, and it purely depends on literally where you want to be geographically. None of them really have a unique negative, but Boca Raton has all of the upscale shopping and dining right in town. If it were me, I would go Boca for that reason. Jupiter has Abacoa though, and is close to Palm Beach Gardens. You are going from the worst in South Florida to the best.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:24 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,662,898 times
Under 1 M, West Boca with a few bucks to spare. Or Paddock Park 1 Wellington.

However we sold our house in Paddock Park ( it's now 1.1 m ) and moved to Port Charlotte Fla

Howz that!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:28 PM

156 posts, read 711,652 times
I've only lived in Wellington, but I worked in Boca and felt the people there were much more materialistic and snobby than Wellington. The people in Wellington are much more down to earth, and you have mainly middle class people, Boca seemed to be more about what you had and what you looked like. Jupiter is very nice also, but you will get more for your money in Wellington I believe.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:58 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,662,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmy3grls View Post
I've only lived in Wellington, but I worked in Boca and felt the people there were much more materialistic and snobby than Wellington. The people in Wellington are much more down to earth, and you have mainly middle class people, Boca seemed to be more about what you had and what you looked like.
Depends WHERE in Wellington or Boca you are talking about.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 8,043 times
Thanks for all your help, definitely any place will be better than this...I've just moved because of my business, but right now I'm ready to moved again!

Any help with a site to rent apartments in Boca or Jupiter? (I'll prefer to rent the first year).

Do you know how much will be to moved from Miami-Dade County to Boca or Jupiter?

Old 10-23-2007, 01:37 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,932,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo1025gri View Post
Thanks for all your help, definitely any place will be better than this...I've just moved because of my business, but right now I'm ready to moved again!

Any help with a site to rent apartments in Boca or Jupiter? (I'll prefer to rent the first year).

Do you know how much will be to moved from Miami-Dade County to Boca or Jupiter?
craigslist: west palm beach classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events for individual properties
Apartments.com - Free Nationwide Apartment Search with the Most Visual Rental Listings Online. for complexes

And if you are looking into a complex, be sure to check Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters

Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,435,560 times
Craiglsist will get you good deals on renting. If you're going to move to Jupiter, I think you'll find better deals than in Boca.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:12 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,256,127 times
The problem with Wellington is how far out west it is...

If you can afford the price range, I would chose Palm Beach Gardens over any of the ones listed. But they're all great choices overall... especially coming from such an awful area like Miami Gardens.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:04 PM

28 posts, read 110,743 times
Default Here is my vote

Wellington by a long shot.

Good schools and somewhat lower prices.

Jupiter and Boca Raton are beautiful areas, don't get me wrong.

But you will find more neighborhood schools in Wellington and somewhat lower prices.

Good luck with your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach