Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Mirasol is next to mirabella and Frenchmans is a couple blocks from evergrene.
Yeah but not too many helicopter parents are going to let Bobby or Sara outside "the gates" nevermind crossing the 6+ lane Alternate A1A, then the train tracks, past the busy Publix shopping plaza to get to the gate of Evergrene!

Mirabella is next to Mirasol but if you left the center of Mirasol (near the clubhouse) it is probably 4 miles to the front gate of Mirabella, once again not happening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Vs driving down Indiantown to the farms???

Old 07-31-2012, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Vs driving down Indiantown to the farms???

No, don't see that happening either Sky.....I think the days of bike riding to a friend's house is long gone! Between potential "perps", helicopter parents and the general laziness of youth I don't think too many kids travel any significant distances via bike anymore!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:57 AM

58 posts, read 247,897 times
Could somebody explain the Indiantown references. I'm confused by this and trying to get a sense of the area.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBabyMama View Post
Could somebody explain the Indiantown references. I'm confused by this and trying to get a sense of the area.

Indiantown Road is the main thoroughfare in Jupiter running from the beach to the Beeline Hwy (about 10 miles west of I-95). It is an exit for both the turnpike and I-95. Since it is the main east/west thoroughfare the traffic can be heavy at peak hours (am/pm rush hour)

Old 07-31-2012, 11:16 AM
SXN

350 posts, read 1,288,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Mirabella is next to Mirasol but if you left the center of Mirasol (near the clubhouse) it is probably 4 miles to the front gate of Mirabella, once again not happening!
Not really, it's barely a mile and I've walked it plenty of times no problem.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXN View Post
Not really, it's barely a mile and I've walked it plenty of times no problem.
Re-read the post........From the center of Mirasol (like in front of the clubhouse) to Mirabella is probably 4 miles. From the clubhouse entrance to the Jog road exit it is over 1.75 miles just to get out of Mirasol, then from gate to gate it is a mile or so plus the distance you have to travel into Mirabella to get to where you are going. So in total assuming you live near the center of Mirasol (not the back in Palacio or in the south corner by Esperanza) then it is probably 4 miles if you live in Palacio (the furthest west development in Mirasol) then it is well over 5 miles.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:41 AM

58 posts, read 247,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
194 Elena Ct, Jupiter, FL 33478 - Zillow

This was the most recent sale. Sold new in 08 for 1.75mm+ and was for sale for almost a year and they got 1.225 (and seller took back a mortgage). It is probably the best house in the neighborhood and easily one of the biggest lots. BTW the county valued it at 950k! My buddy built the house across the street and walked away from the contract. Toll kept his 10% deposit and it took them 2+ years to sell it as a new, undelivered home. He had it under contract for 1.8, they finally got 1.3....so he lost 180K not buying it and would have lost 500K if he closed on it! His concern was no homes on the street would = no kids for his kids to play with (he was 100% right).

Toll is pretty strong financially so I think they will finish it but as the other poster noted they have lowered prices (and shrunk the floor plans accordingly). Place has great schools, decent location next to highways but it the true expenses for living there won't shake out until the developer stops subsidizing the club and turns it over to the homeowners. That is going to be a long way away, they only have about 35-40 residences done (including condos) out of a planned 350 units.
I'm looking for a gated with golf for husband and lots of kids for my kids to play with. Where did your buddy end up? It seems to me that Jupiter has limited gated for both. It's either kids or golf.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBabyMama View Post
I'm looking for a gated with golf for husband and lots of kids for my kids to play with. Where did your buddy end up? It seems to me that Jupiter has limited gated for both. It's either kids or golf.

He changed gears, sold his local business and moved to NC!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:54 AM

66 posts, read 187,391 times
Just picked a lot out in JCC, there are 15 new homes that sold in our neighborhood (same street and i believe some or most are families w kids) plus the lot was $0! We took the drive to the schools and it was easy esp since we are right off of 95. Love it here, so far we went to some great restaurants and can't wait to move! I think we'll love it here it's such a different lifestyle we want to spend more time outdoors. I am especially excited about the garden that i'll attempt to grow.

NY - JCC sold 30 new homes this year. We took a look at Frenchman's just to be sure we wanted JCC, it seemed overcrowded and homes outdated (at least the homes we saw) plus the annual dues much higher than what we'll be paying. You should definitely come down and make an assessment for yourself. We love it here and if you need a realtor i can recommend ours. Go to the restaurants, all the locals are so nice!

Last edited by windycitychicago; 08-05-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach