Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:34 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,616,404 times

Advertisements

El Cid is $$$, not latino as already mentioned. Might be some wealthy latinos living there but it's not Little Guatemala.

With the new Southern Blvd improvement, you can go west to east and vice versa pretty fast from the Western Communities, Royal Palm, Wellington and etc.

This is finding homes under $250K in nice safe areas is hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,274,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Ummm, El Cid is not a "Hispanic area", despite it's name, lol. It's full of rich white people. It's name is historic, and the streets are named after SPANISH (as in SPAIN) cities.
What I meant is that the whole part of town is Spanish influenced, everything from the architecture to street names. As for the Hispanic part, did I get that confused with Poinciana Park? I'm pretty sure either or is the Hispanic community... but everything else I posted was accurate, just that one part confused me

THX 1138, I guess you could consider some areas of Lake Worth and Greenacres Little Guatemala just because many of the people living in those cities are of Guatemalan descent.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:15 PM

60 posts, read 431,987 times
I would consider Boynton, Boca, Delray, etc. As this will be my first home, price is the most important.... of course with it being a relatively safe area. I don't mind a turn-around area as long as it is already on its way. I really don't care who lives in a neighborhood as long as it is safe and people take pride in their homes. I actually appreciate diversity... the neighborhood I live in now has may different types of people. I basically want my car to be in the driveway when I go out in the morning to work. LOL As far as commuting, I would be comfortable up to 30 minutes drive time... beyond that, it would start turning into a hassle. From my research (so far) I will probably get more for my money to the west. I am also considering finding a place in one of the "county pockets" as I would love to only pay county taxes (and not city taxes too) Are any of you familiar with the area around Jog and Summit? Around where the county offices are? I got lost, ended up around there and it seemed pretty nice.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,616,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
What I meant is that the whole part of town is Spanish influenced, everything from the architecture to street names. As for the Hispanic part, did I get that confused with Poinciana Park? I'm pretty sure either or is the Hispanic community... but everything else I posted was accurate, just that one part confused me

THX 1138, I guess you could consider some areas of Lake Worth and Greenacres Little Guatemala just because many of the people living in those cities are of Guatemalan descent.
Descent? They just arrived.....Jupiter has a big population too, mostly employed in the landscaping business.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:56 PM

46 posts, read 229,908 times
I LOVE Wellington.
If I could move back, I would in a heartbeat.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:42 PM

60 posts, read 431,987 times
Hi... what is everyone's opinion on Lake Worth? I anyone familiar with the area? It seems like it would be an easy commute to WPB. Thanks! Rich

Old 09-26-2007, 03:48 PM

46 posts, read 229,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBAboyTM View Post
Hi... what is everyone's opinion on Lake Worth? I anyone familiar with the area? It seems like it would be an easy commute to WPB. Thanks! Rich
My grandparents live on Lantan right past Lyons.
Real nice area.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:43 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,274,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilary086 View Post
My grandparents live on Lantan right past Lyons.
Real nice area.
That is not really considered Lantana or Lake Worth... the actual city of Lantana is mostly lower-income immigrants... no disrespect to them, of course, I'm just saying it doesn't seem like the type of area Bubbaboy is looking for....

Lantana is basically a smaller version of Lantana. Lake Worth, however, is not a very good area. Demographically, it is estimated to be around 60-70% Hispanic, mostly of Mexican and Guatemalan background. It has many gangs and it is the type of area a normal person would not feel safe in... Greenacres, Lantana, Lake Worth, and parts of West Palm Beach are very similar.

Unincorporated Lake Worth (or "West Lake Worth", or "West Boynton".), is an entirely different city. It has nothing in common with the city of Lake Worth except for its mailing addresses.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:23 PM

5 posts, read 14,397 times
I, too, am considering the area moving from the north east with children. I'm looking for an area that is safe so that my young teens can come home and feel safe when I'm not home yet. I'm moving from a very small town. Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Juno sound ok. It will be a real change for us but want to be close to my folks again who live farther north in the Stuart area. Also thinking about Stuart or Vero but it will depend on the job. Any input that isn't already posted would be great - high school aged teenagers.

Last edited by aspirewire; 09-28-2007 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: updated word

Old 09-28-2007, 07:18 PM

26 posts, read 180,015 times
I posted on another thread, but my vote for a family is by far jupiter. Good schools, near ocean, mall, whole foods, great neighborhoods.

I do not recommend living in Lake Worth or Lantana. Just my opinion. Have a friend who moved there and does not like it. Fairly low income. Cute downtown though (The Cottage is a great spot for drinks/dinner). It is not a place I'd tell a family to even consider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach