Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:25 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,500,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
A lot of people are escaping the taxes in Jersey, moving to the border along PA, Allentown and Easton are popular. I have some family in NJ some are young enough to stay put others like my aunt and uncle are nearing retirement, they are planning on either staying in their house which is paid for but the taxes are insane or moving to PA to a friendly COL locale.

I also know some people who were from NJ and left here because they said it was getting "nuts", they moved to Cary, NC.

People moving to Cary NC are following the "it" trend. In a decade or so it will be the next "place that is becoming crazy." Martha Stewart was hocking homes there as the next Mayberry.

But, visit the North Carolina forums and see how the "locals" appreciate all the people moving in and out who can't seem to find contentment anywhere else.

At least south Florida has ALWAYS been an extension of New York and the tri-state area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,615,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
People moving to Cary NC are following the "it" trend. In a decade or so it will be the next "place that is becoming crazy." Martha Stewart was hocking homes there as the next Mayberry.

But, visit the North Carolina forums and see how the "locals" appreciate all the people moving in and out who can't seem to find contentment anywhere else.

At least south Florida has ALWAYS been an extension of New York and the tri-state area.
These people I mentioned, left back in 2000 for Cary, NC. If they waited a few years they could have sold their homes here for double to triple what they paid, well I know of one that did leave in 2004 that made out great.

Many left here for work in the RTP area, which was then and still is more than you can find here. I know a few left the area after the recession hit a lot of places hard there.

The NY/NJ influence in NC is very evident, Wilmington, NC is very heavily populated by the same geographic.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,452,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Your certainly right about that...I have to tell you I know quite a few people that are trying to get back to florida from the area we lived in in NC one of them told us after 3 years she finally realized how much she didnt like the people there and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be...

Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
These people I mentioned, left back in 2000 for Cary, NC. If they waited a few years they could have sold their homes here for double to triple what they paid, well I know of one that did leave in 2004 that made out great.

Many left here for work in the RTP area, which was then and still is more than you can find here. I know a few left the area after the recession hit a lot of places hard there.

The NY/NJ influence in NC is very evident, Wilmington, NC is very heavily populated by the same geographic.
Waxhaw and South Charlotte is the capital of NY No Joke...and we are from the North and well I will just leave it at that I don't want to offend anyone...and Since this is the florida forum we probably should stay on topic...lol

Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,615,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Waxhaw and South Charlotte is the capital of NY No Joke...and we are from the North and well I will just leave it at that I don't want to offend anyone...and Since this is the florida forum we probably should stay on topic...lol
Everyone I knew of that moved to NC from the North left, the ones that moved here first then there have stayed or moved on elsewhere due to jobs. The ones that moved there first from the North, said they did not feel welcome and were referred to as Yankees, this is going back a while maybe times have changed? South Florida is different, no place else like it that's why it's hard to leave here if you like it more than you hate it.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 PM

No THX it hasnt changed...For us south florida feels like home NC did the 1st year because we were with former Nyker's but once everyone gets settled in you get to see people's true colors and although south Florida can be phony, I find Charlotte to be a lot worse and very materialistic there too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach