Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:52 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,393,830 times

Advertisements

No one is blowing any smoke you have toddlers and by the time they go to school it might change...My friends children are in 6th and 10th so they are in a different situation than you...All I did was post info from the greaschools.org and the report card from palm beach county school district..which when I was looking found to be very helpful..Then I spoke with Parents, and Kids we knew as well as Teachers that we know plus the Principle and Guidance Counslors of the schools we were interested in which was very helpful...We have been visiting florida for 15 years as we have family here and family friends...The Canyons is beautiful and it was even what dh and I were looking for but again we also needed schools that could fit our child's needs and Boca was the right fit for us...If the Canyons gets their own middle school and if they attended Park Vista but to my understanding they wont rezone them back there but one never knows with the County...then my friends would have bought there...and then we would have considered it as well since we have built homes before they certainly are beautiful..

Last edited by Swimmom32; 01-08-2011 at 09:29 AM..

Old 01-13-2011, 03:06 PM

82 posts, read 220,109 times
I am glad you are buying a house here without listening to someones BS. Swim mom can say whatever she wants, as is her right. It seems she gets a little upset when she is called out on it. Like I said before, have an opinion but also be respectful. Stop saying all the schools in Boynton suck. It is just not true. If you don't like them fine, but plenty of other people send their children there and have no issues. One last thing, opinions are like A-h......... everybody has one.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:01 PM

I wasnt called out nor was I upset...apparently it bothers you that my children attend the school they do cause its all stuck up and snotty..in the end you didnt read what I wrote...Nor did you read why we chose to send our children to the schools they attend...I say it like is if someone doesnt like it then oh well...

Old 01-14-2011, 12:08 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,832,110 times
I don't have kids but often in posts I read I think how it seems like 1 school district is mentioned as being good. It is unrealistic for everyone to live in Boca so there kids can go to that school. To me if a person is thinking of moving to Boynton suggesting areas in that city that have the best schools would be more of a benefit.
Dcampo as for the different things you are hearing about the schools in your area if I were you I would get a range of opinions. I'm not sure if you are familiar with Boca but often times it is a world of its own. I would say 9 out of 10 times someone would not suggest an outside area to live or to send their kids that is outside Boca. It is not to say it is not a good place but it is not Boca and some from Boca are all about that. I am not saying everyone but many.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:37 AM

Your right Danielle..I recommend Jupiter as well if they are looking for good schools...their schools are excellent as well...Again its all about the research and going up to the schools talking to the principle and administration and kids and parents...

Old 01-14-2011, 06:40 AM

No once again swim mom you are wrong. I am thrilled that your children go to the best schools in the county. But we all don't live in Boca. All I ask is that you stop saying all the schools in Boynton are bad. It is just not true.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:46 AM

Im not saying the schools are bad Im saying they werent for my children after visiting certain schools and talking to people...people really need to do their research and see which schools will be suited for their children..and if not then they other areas to maybe look into...I understand not all live in boca, but for those researching different areas its very important they go to the PBC website and greatschools.net and do their research and then go up to those schools talk to the principle and kids and parents..When we went looking we stopped in the neighborhoods and spoke to parents and was quiet interesting but it certainly assisted us on our decison...so the bottom line is People go to the websites talk to people with kids in the schools you are researching and check the school out for self to see if its right for your child..There is nothing more to say on this topic as not everyone is going to agree...

Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 AM

I have no reason to talk ill about Odyssey since I didn't research it when we were looking as it wasn't an area we wanted to live in..Having Teacher Friends in Florida for so many years I do like to ask them for opinions on schools they know about and well im sorry but Boynton Beach Schools aren't known for being so good..Im not saying they are bad either I have no experience with them.

Oh OK.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:19 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,540,623 times
I'd say this thread has run it's course. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach