Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 05:18 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,937,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Why do mom and dad just quit on your sister. That's totally unacceptable, and what I call BS parenting . For us, mom kept advising me and my brother till we succeeded, and this happens even today. If both parents are expecting the worst, they should take action to make things better. Sorry to say, but its a pity to hear your parents giving up on your sister like that . Thinking a child wont do well is a lack of confidence upon your loved one, and that should never be the case in a healthy family.
Well shes not stupid. We have reached the age now that if we are going to do the work we are going to do it and if not they can't really do anything. My sister is almost 17 now so she will have to suffer the consequences of not revising.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Im starting in realise how ingrained racism, classism and sexism is in modern society. Also how far removed from being white you are is seen as ugly, weird and different. White = beauty
Well if white-beauty why do people always try and get a tan.

Also be proud of who you are. Sometimes I feel like an outcast because of my religion but really I have learn't that god has given us a path and we should take it. We should be confident and know that we are good, I feel that when we are an outcast that god is testing us.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:33 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,415,037 times
Article: Racial Psychology: Why Do Black People Want to be White? | The New Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Well if white-beauty why do people always try and get a tan.

Also be proud of who you are. Sometimes I feel like an outcast because of my religion but really I have learn't that god has given us a path and we should take it. We should be confident and know that we are good, I feel that when we are an outcast that god is testing us.
They tan to look less pale not to be another ethnicity. Black women wear weaves, straighten their hair so to look flowing like white people hair. You hardly ever see black men with long natural afro textured hair styled its always cropped or hidden another example to hide "blackness" and conform to the beauty that is white supposedly its sad that it so ingrained since colonial times that it seems normal. Another example Asian people are made fun of because of their flat faces and olive shapped eyes again because they're removed from looking white-European. Another example Jamaicans "bleach" their skin to look lighter again to seem or appear more white. Example again Afro-caribbean cultures are seemed as less "harsh" than full African cultures because of the more European (white) influence on their culture. Another example black people who wear braids, locks, afros etc are seen as unprofessional and are discriminated against when applying to high status jobs. Many non-whites have issues with identity and a inferiority complex towards white people.

* When I say white people I mean middle to upper class whites rather than working class whites because they don't hold the same power.

*I'm not a racist!!

Old 03-28-2014, 05:45 PM

Actually that is true if you compare American or British black woman they do dress very much like white people. I rarely see them with their natural fluffy hair.Yet if you said that to them they'd deny it. But it is true. Just look at Gina Rio.

I don't really laugh at asians but I do remember that as children my classmates used to burst out laughing everytime they seen an asian. I understand how minorities feel and that everyone is human so I do not laugh. But I can understand why they do especially if they are not used to seeing asians.

You have to understand that white countries don't really have many black people in their country so we won't really know how to react. There is not much racism anymore in this 21st century world and I would be surprised if there was in England with the human rights issues there and their views on immigrants. I suppose I can't really properly answer this because I am not black.

It can be quite hard to be around black people sometimes (at least for me) because I constantly feel like i'm walking on edge. I am terrified of offending them or saying something wrong as we white people are constantly treated like criminals and some black people take advantage of their position to get stuff out of us by calling us racist. I am scared to go to my sisters wedding as it will be Nigerian themed and I am scared that I will laugh with nerves or do something wrong.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,255,700 times
Nets Vs. heat. I could keep watching this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgrKs4oj9Y

Throw on that Brooklyn Sawg Jacket

Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,791,206 times
Quote:
They tan to look less pale not to be another ethnicity.
Or because tanning is a natural consequence of being in the sun.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:55 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,485,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Nets Vs. heat. I could keep watching this :

Brooklyn Nets vs Miami Heat | FULL Highlights | March 12, 2014 | NBA 2013-2014 Season - YouTube

Throw on that Brooklyn Sawg Jacket
Noooo I want the Heat to 3-peat.

It's my only hope since Orlando is so awful

Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,692,990 times
Quote:
They tan to look less pale not to be another ethnicity.
But if you tan, you can look like another ethnicity.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:08 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,255,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Noooo I want the Heat to 3-peat.

It's my only hope since Orlando is so awful
Oh, dont worry. The Bronster will take charge in no time .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DY-lTzc2oE

Spoiler
Kobe, Lebron, MJ, and Magic are part of the elite 4

Old 03-28-2014, 11:39 PM

242 posts, read 263,481 times
Looks like GAYPRIL is upon us...

Melbourne Forecast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather