Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 11:23 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,577,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
agree 100%

this is the main reason why i am an atheist.. Many christians tend to pick and choose what to believe in from their religion.. Surely it becomes pointless when you start doing that! Other than the fact that 99% of the beliefs and values of most religions are outdated, absurd and homophobic/racist/derogatory in some other manner.

I actually cannot understand some of the **** that comes out of owen's mouth.. How on earth can he 'understand that gay marriage should not be allowed'? I am a heterosexual male, but people like owen are why this world is stuck so far behind where we should be. Why does he even give a **** if two people want to get married, does it affect him? No. If two people are happy together, whether both male, both female, or female and male, then i have absolutely no idea why someone would try and stop that! I generally tend to not even talk to anyone who holds such outdated and ridiculous views like this!
+1.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,247,247 times
Quote:
Agree 100%

This is the main reason why I am an atheist.. many Christians tend to pick and choose what to believe in from their religion.. surely it becomes pointless when you start doing that! Other than the fact that 99% of the beliefs and values of most religions are outdated, absurd and homophobic/racist/derogatory in some other manner.

I actually cannot understand some of the **** that comes out of Owen's mouth.. how on earth can he 'understand that gay marriage should not be allowed'? I am a heterosexual male, but people like Owen are why this world is stuck so far behind where we should be. Why does he even give a **** if two people want to get married, does it affect him? NO. If two people are happy together, whether both male, both female, or female and male, then I have absolutely no idea why someone would try and stop that! I generally tend to not even talk to anyone who holds such outdated and ridiculous views like this!
Well said.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:11 PM

2,397 posts, read 3,354,385 times
Quote:
Agree 100%

This is the main reason why I am an atheist.. many Christians tend to pick and choose what to believe in from their religion.. surely it becomes pointless when you start doing that! Other than the fact that 99% of the beliefs and values of most religions are outdated, absurd and homophobic/racist/derogatory in some other manner.

I actually cannot understand some of the **** that comes out of Owen's mouth.. how on earth can he 'understand that gay marriage should not be allowed'? I am a heterosexual male, but people like Owen are why this world is stuck so far behind where we should be. Why does he even give a **** if two people want to get married, does it affect him? NO. If two people are happy together, whether both male, both female, or female and male, then I have absolutely no idea why someone would try and stop that! I generally tend to not even talk to anyone who holds such outdated and ridiculous views like this!
Well said! There is this client at work, he's gay - always has been - and his mother is a "singing Christian" and is extremely homophobic - doesn't believe in homosexuality - and is forever trying to convert him to the "straight" side which is so pathetic and sad considering he is over 50! She is also not a very pleasant woman to converse with so I, as well other work colleagues, usually give her a wide berth if we can manage to do so!
Also my mother was a Jehovah's Witness for 10 years (when
I was little and growing up) - that put me off religion for the rest of my life!

Old 04-16-2014, 12:15 PM

13,500 posts, read 9,052,543 times
Wow, really, my post gets deleted but all the rude crap Owen posts remains! Unbelievable

Old 04-16-2014, 12:15 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,399,172 times
Mac said he doesn't have a problem with gay marriage though...

Old 04-16-2014, 12:22 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,421,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
Well said! There is this client at work, he's gay - always has been - and his mother is a "singing Christian" and is extremely homophobic - doesn't believe in homosexuality - and is forever trying to convert him to the "straight" side which is so pathetic and sad considering he is over 50! She is also not a very pleasant woman to converse with so I, as well other work colleagues, usually give her a wide berth if we can manage to do so!
Also my mother was a Jehovah's Witness for 10 years (when
I was little and growing up) - that put me off religion for the rest of my life!
Ahh that sounds terrible! I have a friend who is gay, he is 20 and only came out last year.. he was very scared but it was so nice that both of his parents were completely understanding and so proud of him.. I can't understand why someone's parents especially would take issue with it!

Old 04-16-2014, 12:47 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,852,688 times
I signed the gay marriage popular referendum that was given to the parliament. The only petition I've ever signed. So now you know my stance at least and have no interest in commenting the issue further.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,399,172 times
That's a sin.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:04 PM

2,397 posts, read 3,354,385 times
Quote:
Ahh that sounds terrible! I have a friend who is gay, he is 20 and only came out last year.. he was very scared but it was so nice that both of his parents were completely understanding and so proud of him.. I can't understand why someone's parents especially would take issue with it!
Gives a new meaning to "scarred for life" LOL. My father never got involved - he refused to have anything to do with "JW" strangers - to the point where he never set a foot inside the local Kingdom Hall. My siblings and I had to, unfortunately, but luckily my mother saw sense at the end and pulled out much to the relief of my extended family.
Re homosexuality - times are changing and certain people need to accept that and move on, otherwise they will be the ones left behind! Some of my mates are gay as well as some of my wife's relatives. We're only human. Coming out at the age of 20 can't have been easy but your mate is lucky to have supportive parents. Some clients at my work are just 14, 15 yrs old and they've been kicked out of their homes just because of their homosexuality which is very sad. Some parents refuse to follow the 2010's attitude and way of thinking!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:05 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,852,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
That's a sin.
But I'm not a Christian so I don't believe in sin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather