Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 05:13 PM

13,491 posts, read 9,042,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
They are huge threats none the else but you are saying Muslims commit the MOST attacks you can't make a statement like that without stats. You can assume all you want but assumptions don't equal fact so it very well may be wrong.
What stats do you want? The facts are there in the news every single day, Islamic extremists murdering people, blowing people up. You can deny it all you like, but it is true.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:17 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,414,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
What stats do you want? The facts are there in the news every single day, Islamic extremists murdering people, blowing people up. You can deny it all you like, but it is true.
I'm not denying, what about today's attack was it a terrorist attack? The many mass shootings we had? All save a couple done by non Muslims but none labeled as a terrorist attack except for the ones done by Muslims. What's the difference between the Orlando shooting and Sandy hook? Columbine? Nothing, except 2 are known as mass shooting the Orlando one is known as a terrorist attack.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I'm not denying, what about today's attack was it a terrorist attack? The many mass shootings we had? All save a couple done by non Muslims but none labeled as a terrorist attack except for the ones done by Muslims. What's the difference between the Orlando shooting and Sandy hook? Columbine? Nothing, except 2 are known as mass shooting the Orlando one is known as a terrorist attack.
There is a difference between a terrorist attack & a nutjob going beserk with a gun. Terrorists have a bigger, wider cause & are part of a network/group that plans specific targets. The nutjob with the gun could just be ill or have a grudge against some people. Islamic terrorists seem to have a grudge with anyone & everything. They even kill other Muslims, so not quite sure what their ultimate agenda is, I doubt even they know...

Old 07-08-2016, 05:27 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
There is a difference between a terrorist attack & a nutjob going beserk with a gun. Terrorists have a bigger, wider cause & are part of a network/group that plans specific targets. The nutjob with the gun could just be ill or have a grudge against some people. Islamic terrorists seem to have a grudge with anyone & everything.
I think the Orlando terrorist was both. He said he was connected to ISIS, but really at most inspired; don't think there's been evidence of communication.

Quote:
They even kill other Muslims, so not quite sure what their ultimate agenda is, I doubt even they know...
Heretics are worse than non-believers to a fundamentalist.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:29 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,445,266 times
Not just Dallas now.

Authorities: Tenn. highway gunman motivated by police shootings

Old 07-08-2016, 05:38 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,237,063 times
Quote:
What about knives, baseball bats, forks, metal cans that can be turned to shanks. If we are going to ban all weapons why just guns. What would happen if we disarm the population? Criminals will still find a way to get there hands on guns. Then what happens when you are robbed by an armed criminal and you are unarmed? What happens if God forbid the population is unarmed but the police are militarized and we have a tyrannical government? What about banning forks and spoons, they cause diabetes. People use them to eat foods that get them obese and give them diabetes.
Part of the issue is that the police in this country are pretty much militarized. Police departments are more likely to hire individuals with military experience which is asinine. A typical American suburb is not the same as a war zone (though this country is certainly headed down that path). The psychological evaluations and education required to become a police officer are a joke. We may not always be able to weed out all the bad apples, but the way police departments operate with regards to training, education, hiring, etc. needs to be overhauled.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I think the Orlando terrorist was both. He said he was connected to ISIS, but really at most inspired; don't think there's been evidence of communication.

Heretics are worse than non-believers to a fundamentalist.
Yeah I think the Orlando shooters reasons were mixed, a lone wolf as no direct "orders" to carry out the act, but believing in the cause... Though it seems he was pretty messed up mentally anyway.

True. And this is what is scary as many more Muslims will be lead to their way of thinking. Though I still don't know what their ultimate goal or aim is, as they can't honestly believe they can either kill all non Muslims or make everyone convert

Old 07-09-2016, 05:25 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,835,122 times
Quote:
What about knives, baseball bats, forks, metal cans that can be turned to shanks. If we are going to ban all weapons why just guns. What would happen if we disarm the population? Criminals will still find a way to get there hands on guns. Then what happens when you are robbed by an armed criminal and you are unarmed? What happens if God forbid the population is unarmed but the police are militarized and we have a tyrannical government? What about banning forks and spoons, they cause diabetes. People use them to eat foods that get them obese and give them diabetes.
Yes, criminals will get their hands on guns. There is no legislation which can ever stop that. If I'm robbed by an armed criminal, ok. I'll hand him my money. That's how muggings go usually. If I would be armed too and I shoot the criminal, I get charged with murder. €20 and my cell phone isn't worth that.

The second scenario is ridiculous. What established democracy with an unarmed populace have ever suffered a tyrannical coup? None. UK, Germany, France, New Zealand, Canada, Sweden? None. It's just not gonna happen. And what if it would? We give AR's to you and snj90, what are you gonna do with them? You wouldn't stand a chance against Dean York and me, so how could you have any chance against a militarised police force?

Old 07-09-2016, 05:57 AM

Guerrilla warfare is one of the problems associated with hostile takeovers, for an occupying force. Frankly, every country that russia threatens should have both a trained and armed populace.

Last edited by snj90; 07-09-2016 at 06:12 AM..

Old 07-09-2016, 06:12 AM

The kremlin learned this after the soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.