Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 11:05 AM

29,578 posts, read 19,687,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Weather dynamics seem counterintuitive imo. One would think a huge pool of warmer than avg water off the NW coast would make North America hot. You would be wrong. That pool of water is the reason for two bad winters and two cool summers. It has made the west coast above average, but looks to me like it has made vast parts of the US middle and east below average.

I'm so tired of it. I just want some kind of change at this point I don't care what it is. I'm sick of looking at that pool of anomalously warm water every time I view ocean temps. How come an El Nino never lasts two solid years? How can that pool just sit there this long? You would think something would have changed. It looks permanent.

The warm blob is most likely linked to the PDO flipping back to a warm phase (for the time being)
Wedge of warm seawater known as 'the blob' blamed for marine havoc

Who knows how long it will last. We need more storms like this typhoon to churn up the North Pacific and destroy that high pressure. Maybe El Nino will help that?

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/statu...96146747060224
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 11:11 AM

2,850 posts, read 1,976,083 times
The average highs are about to start declining again here. Of course, it's hard to notice the decline until September.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:03 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,747,293 times
Brive, SW France, reached an impressive 41°C/106°F today. I'm disappointed with Paris though, only 35.6°C (96°F) at Orly airport as a hourly max today. Let's wait for the definitive stats. The warmest it reading in the northern half of France was 38.9°C (102°F) in Châteauroux.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:08 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,420,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
The average highs are about to start declining again here. Of course, it's hard to notice the decline until September.
yeah the average doesn't fall below 90 till the second week of august. every day this week was forecast in the low 90s but now because of these clouds they where wrong the highs past 3 days where 88 under cloudy skies really hope these clouds go away even though it will mean some heat in the mid 90s possibly. the heat accuweathers was showing for mid July was pushed to first week of august. it would have happened if it wasn't for all these clouds.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:17 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,420,155 times
Top 10 Sweatiest Cities in America: Humidity, Population Density Combine to Create Sticky Conditions - AccuWeather.com 2 north Carolina cities made the list charlotte at 10 and Raleigh at 7. they ranked san Diego as the 4th sweatiest city and la as the 8th what is up with that? and where did they get the mean for Raleigh at its peak in summer at 81 I thought it was 80 only.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:12 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,221,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Top 10 Sweatiest Cities in America: Humidity, Population Density Combine to Create Sticky Conditions - AccuWeather.com 2 north Carolina cities made the list charlotte at 10 and Raleigh at 7. they ranked san Diego as the 4th sweatiest city and la as the 8th what is up with that? and where did they get the mean for Raleigh at its peak in summer at 81 I thought it was 80 only.
Their using relative humidity which is garbage.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:20 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,387,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
Their using relative humidity which is garbage.
That list was created by some brain-dead idiot. Not to be taken seriously.

In other news, of course we've had 0 thunderstorms today. Just some boring overcast (better than blistering sunshine) all day. How typical of this **** pattern.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:21 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,360,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
I'm surprised this is coming from Accuweather, the author of that article sounds confused, the average temperature and average high temperature are two different things.

9. "With the highest average July temperature out of all 10 cities that made the cut, Dallas residents cope with highs near 86 degrees at the peak of summer." Really? Highs near 86?

3. "High humidity combined with average July highs of nearly 84 degrees put Houston in the top three." Mmkay.

2. "In Miami, average daytime highs in July hit close to the 84-degree mark and Florida's geographic location fuels high humidity levels." Lol not really.

And what's with the random order? And San Diego? Bye.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:37 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,387,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I'm surprised this is coming from Accuweather, the author of that article sounds confused, the average temperature and average high temperature are two different things.

9. "With the highest average July temperature out of all 10 cities that made the cut, Dallas residents cope with highs near 86 degrees at the peak of summer." Really? Highs near 86?

3. "High humidity combined with average July highs of nearly 84 degrees put Houston in the top three." Mmkay.

2. "In Miami, average daytime highs in July hit close to the 84-degree mark and Florida's geographic location fuels high humidity levels." Lol not really.

And what's with the random order? And San Diego? Bye.
Lol an average of 84 here in July? That guy must've drank 2 liters of Hennessy before writing that stupid article. Why would accuweather even publish this non-sense is beyond me. Another reason not to take Accuweather seriously.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:15 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,783,521 times
^ I think it's supposed to be AVERAGE as in the mean of the high and low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather