Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 04:17 PM

18 posts, read 90,359 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if it is feasible to consider North Tacoma in my real estate hunt? I love the area. The houses are beautiful. There are some very good prices. However, I will have to commute to Fort Lewis. Is the commute ok or a monster?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 11:26 PM

850 posts, read 3,731,434 times
Fort Lewis would not be a problem from North Tacoma, and N. Tacoma a great area too. Out of all the places in Tacoma, the North End is the best. I wouldn't think your commute would be more than a half hour, at the most. But maybe others can chime in that actually make that commute or know about it. I think you would actually be heading the opposite way of the bad traffic.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:42 PM

18 posts, read 90,359 times
Yes the area does seem to be all around very nice. I love the views, the old houses. For me a Hawaii native, one of the more expensive places in the world, the prices in North Tacoma are very good

Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 PM

6 posts, read 17,867 times
A commute from North Tacoma to Fort Lewis will be fairly easy if you are working normal 9-5 type hours rather than a swing or night shift. That's because if you are driving south to Fort Lewis during the day it will be a reverse commute with minimal traffic unless there is something unusual going on. The trickiest part of the commute will probably be getting to I-5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington