Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 06:25 PM

10 posts, read 101,748 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can someone tell me what type of town is Mukilteo? I am looking to rent a 1BR or a 2BR apartment. So some nice apartments to look at? What type of outdoor activities do people normally take part in? Is there lots to do in this town for a youngin? Are there shopping places close by? Beaches? i will be working at Boeing in Everett.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 10:05 PM

314 posts, read 2,539,726 times
Here are a few pictures I took in Mukilteo last summer. These are only pictures of the Mukilteo beach and ferry. The rest of Mukilteo looks very different.

Driving down to the ferry.
What type of town is Mukilteo?-p7030030.jpg

Looking at the ferry from the beach.
What type of town is Mukilteo?-p7160061.jpg

Looking at the beach from the ferry. This is at low tide. The rest of the beach, and most used portion is not visible at this angle. It's around the corner.
What type of town is Mukilteo?-p7030037.jpg

Mukilteo is adjacent to Everett and Lynnwood. You will be doing most of your shopping in those city's. All the city's from Seattle to Everett run together without any obvious borders.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:00 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,754,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrunch90 View Post
Hello,

Can someone tell me what type of town is Mukilteo? I am looking to rent a 1BR or a 2BR apartment. So some nice apartments to look at? What type of outdoor activities do people normally take part in? Is there lots to do in this town for a youngin? Are there shopping places close by? Beaches? i will be working at Boeing in Everett.

Thanks
Congrats at working at Boeing. Are you going to be an intern?

Couple of thoughts - one is you get moved around (even sometime as an intern) at Boeing so you might think you're starting to work in Everett and then lo and behold you're now working in Seattle or Renton (or Auburn!). I'd recommend being very careful before signing a lease in Everett until you find out more about your position/organization.

If your a younger person, a lot of people will live near Greenlake or elsewhere in North Seattle because Mukilteo tends to be more of a bedroom community and not a lot of nightlife/other activities going on. If you're into "the scene" North Seattle might be a good place to be. However, you'll commute farther (against traffic so it's not bad timewise) and may pay more for an apartment.

DM me if you want more info.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:09 AM

109 posts, read 153,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrunch90 View Post
Hello,

Thanks

Mukiteo is a great place to live and raise a family. They have one of the best school district in the state. It is next to the water so you can do a lot of water related activities. You can take the ferry to the other islands and hike. There is a very nice park right at the ferry terminal. Very cool place.

However, if you work for Boeing, make sure that you they will not transfer you to Renton. Because if they do, you better packup and move to Renton. A commute from Mukilteo to Renton in the morning could easity take you 1.5 hours and another 1.5 hours back.

Rent in Mukilteo is hard to find. I have a 10 unit apartment right at the corner of 44th and 84th at the entrance to the Future of Flight Museum. We rent the 2 bedrooms for $750 and the 1 bedroom for $700. The place is never empty and half of the tenants are Boeing workers. There are not that many apartments in Mukilteo. On the other hand, there are more than plenty in Everett.

You might want to consider Lynnwood.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:10 AM

thanks for the suggestions vanbao and bigtrees.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:19 AM

What other towns in north Seattle would you recommend?

Old 06-15-2008, 09:26 AM

Also, are the cities well-connected that is , is the transportation system good. Do they have lots of buses or trains running? or do people just mostly drive their cars ?

Old 06-15-2008, 09:43 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
There are commuter hour trains between Mukilteo, Edmonds, Everett, and downtown Seattle. The bus system for that area would be Community Transit, and there might be some Sound Transit service also.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,332 times
Mukilteo is a quiet neighborhood.

the only bad part about it is that it borders Everett and there are a lot of shady "spillovers" from that part of the area. The other day I saw a grimey looking couple swipe some 12 packs from the outside display at the QFC.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 AM

thanks for all the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington