Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2021, 10:02 PM

8,265 posts, read 16,926,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Taken. Our truck still looks like the picture above of it. It hasn't moved since Christmas.

I used to love to drive in the snow.... when I was young! Still probably would if I thought we could get back up our road without chains, they're such a pain. Particularly when a lot of town is probably bare and wet by now.
My wife was just mentioning how I used to drive through the snow and not even think about it. That was back when I did lots of skiing/snowboarding. If I needed chains, I'd throw 'em on and go ripping up the mountain. Now, in my older years, I think about all that 'could' happen and typically don't want to bother. However, during this snow trip while driving through the snowy mountains, I remembered again the beauty, magic and sense of peacefulness you experience. It's almost hypnotic watching the snow fall as you drive through it. We just went snowboarding today which I hadn't done in a long time. Tomorrow its back over the pass as we head home.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2021, 03:05 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,481,966 times
I only just got finished mounting snow tires. I think this is the coldest winter since the first one I experienced here.

Meanwhile, my kid sent me videos of the wildfires near their home in Colorado.

Old 12-31-2021, 10:25 AM

15,054 posts, read 12,694,317 times
Those Colorado fires are horrible and not something I would’ve expected to happen this week! And bad storms in the south too. There are worse things than being snowed in I guess.

It is beautiful out here… No new snow and may melt some with this sun. If we wanted to, we could probably get out today :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-22512615-aebf-4b1d-844b-294b4d4cc990.jpeg  

Old 01-01-2022, 09:47 AM

15,054 posts, read 12,694,317 times
This is probably the last day of our deep freeze - it’s now scheduled to warm up and begin raining. Depending on which happens first it could be a real mess! We shall see!

At any rate we’ve had about enough of the snow for this year :-) It makes animal care on the farm more work, checking heaters, giving extra food and keeping water un-frozen.
Attached Thumbnails
Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-a0a61430-ff52-4fcf-ac04-3ca145f74a31.jpeg   Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-screenshot-2022-01-01-08.37.21.png  

Old 01-01-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
This is probably the last day of our deep freeze - it’s now scheduled to warm up and begin raining. Depending on which happens first it could be a real mess! We shall see!

At any rate we’ve had about enough of the snow for this year :-) It makes animal care on the farm more work, checking heaters, giving extra food and keeping water un-frozen.
Hopefully so, Diana. I spent a week in Bend while snowboarded through blizzard conditions. It was so nice to get back to Vancouver yesterday where there was some sun and thawed out streets and land.

I decided to ring in the new year with a chilly paddle on the lake where there was still some snow and ice along the shoreline. The dock was also frozen and slippery. So, you have to walk carefully and not fall in. Fortunately, it was beautiful out with the mountain in full view. Overall, it made for a nice, 'chill' paddle. haha

Derek

Old 01-01-2022, 10:52 PM

859 posts, read 987,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
... Fortunately, it was beautiful out with the mountain in full view. ...
When you post the lake pictures with the mountain in the background, is that Mount Hood, or some smaller, more local mountain due east of the lake?

Old 01-01-2022, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
When you post the lake pictures with the mountain in the background, is that Mount Hood, or some smaller, more local mountain due east of the lake?
That's Mt. Hood in the background. The local mountains don't form a peak like Mt. Hood. They are more rolling by contrast.

Derek

Old 01-02-2022, 12:51 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,764,276 times
It looks like Vancouver is a perpetually sunny paradise. Further north we have snow on the ground and gray skies hiding the mountains.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:08 PM

5,279 posts, read 3,182,692 times
I drove down to the SF Bay Area yesterday at 1:00 am.
Never received any snow but other than a dry spot in Oregon there was snow the whole way.
Temps were 13 -26 degrees until I hit Redding then it was in the 40’s- 50’s.

On another note,
I did learn that my CR-V with AWD works great in the snow.
I never had an AWD vehicle so I didn’t have much faith.
We even used it to plow 6-8 inches on our driveway, running the circle loop and going up and down the hill.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
It looks like Vancouver is a perpetually sunny paradise. Further north we have snow on the ground and gray skies hiding the mountains.
No, we get plenty of rain and had some snow here as well. Though I do take advantage of the sun breaks. I actually seek them out. It's part of what keeps me sane during the rainy season. That and dreaming up my next vacation to warmer climates. Last winter it was Florida in March.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington