Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2022, 02:22 PM

6,310 posts, read 3,459,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
On what basis are you doubting the double-blind vaccine effectiveness trials and the subsequent significantly lower numbers of vaccinated people being admitted to hospitals compared to unvaccinated? Are we going into full-blown conspiracy theory here?
How about nearly 700K death since the vaccine was introduced???? Not counting all the serious side effects many have suffered.
Many people died with covid not because of covid.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:26 PM

1,369 posts, read 719,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
How about nearly 700K death since the vaccine was introduced???? Not counting all the serious side effects many have suffered.
What you have never seemed to understand is that these two statistics (vaccine efficacy) and deaths since vaccines were introduced are not connected in the way you think they are connected. I have tried explaining it to you but you don’t seem to want to know.

How many of those 700k were unvaccinated? The US population is vast, MILLIONS more than 700k are still unvaccinated. Doctors complained bitterly, during the delta wave, that it was the unvaxxed that were filling their hospitals.
How many were vaccinated but didn’t get a booster, despite being warned that the vaccine is less effective over time?
How many decided to play the numbers and lost?

That’s not the fault of the Biden administration. If we are to assign political blame, then why ignore the stats, that show that, after vaccines were widely available, it was Trump country where you have the unvaxxed, unmasked, higher serious illness, higher death toll.

The Democratic Party did what it could. Promoted the truth, but lies are easier to spread. Maybe you should blame yourself. You contribute to the misinformation, in your tiny way. Oh, I bet that’s going to hit a nerve.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
How many people had ‘serious side effects?’ You can’t answer that. You have no data.

How many people died ‘with Covid, not because of Covid’? Ditto.

If you can’t actually quantify these numbers, how do you know they are true? Right wing news will keep you angry and afraid. That’s how they get you to spend money.

‘A dreary path to doom!’ Woe is me!! Melodramatic, much?

Last edited by Arcos; 05-09-2022 at 04:34 PM..

Old 05-10-2022, 10:02 AM

6,310 posts, read 3,459,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
How many people had ‘serious side effects?’ You can’t answer that. You have no data.

How many people died ‘with Covid, not because of Covid’? Ditto.

If you can’t actually quantify these numbers, how do you know they are true? Right wing news will keep you angry and afraid. That’s how they get you to spend money.

‘A dreary path to doom!’ Woe is me!! Melodramatic, much?
You seem to be squirming a bit. Seems you have been giving out 'facts' but can't answer uncomfortable questions.
The only doom and gloom is coming from you and Fauci.
Get a real life and move on.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
You seem to be squirming a bit. Seems you have been giving out 'facts' but can't answer uncomfortable questions.
The only doom and gloom is coming from you and Fauci.
Get a real life and move on.
You deleted your post bemoaning ‘a dreary path to doom’ (or a mod deleted it?) and now you are claiming you never posted it?

Come on, rant, if we can’t be honest with each other, what do you and I even have?

As to your being upset about 700k dead, I am too. That’s why I let people on the internet know what is true and what is not true about vaccines and masking. Your odds at doing well against Covid go up dramatically if you are single vaxxed (JJ), better with Pfizer, even better with Moderna, and even better with a booster.

If you are above 50 and/or have comorbidities, a second booster is advised (but not necessary). If you’ve had Covid, I’d consider that the same benefit as having a booster.

Masking isn’t needed when Covid levels are low, but helpful if they are high.

All this has been proven, hundreds of times over, by independent, smart, knowledgeable and trustworthy scientists across the world, and the people who listen to this non controversial advice are leading the fight against Covid. The people who do not… they’re getting you to that 700k number that you so stridently proclaim.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
I'm not sure any covid vaccines have helped to prevent illness. The JJ is causing blood clots and moderna, pfizer are causing myocarditis in young people who were otherwise healthy. The boosters cause these problems and aren't even updated to fight variants.
Study after study where they literally just count people who get ill and compare the illness rate of vaccinated versus unvaccinated not enough to convince you?

If you take 30,000 similar people, give half of them the vaccine, check back with them in 4 months and note that the half that didn’t get the vaccine had somewhat higher Covid rates, significantly higher hospitalization rates and/or death rates, what would you conclude? That it was blind luck?

All these studies are doing is counting. It’s one of the simplest forms of science.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:07 AM

307 posts, read 182,800 times
Quote:
Nearly 700K death after the vaccine was introduced has not given the public any confidence in the vaccine. In the beginning of 2021 people believed it would be the end of Covid but as time has gone on it is really apparent its not and people are tired of being lied to.

Cherry picking science findings to fit a liberal agenda is not working any longer. I refuse to go back to listening to the liberals cry wolf at every Covid variance.
I think it was Rahm Emanuell who said 'You never let a serious crisis go to waste'....most people can see that now happening over Abortion.

Liberal are grasping at anything to stem the tide of defeat in the up coming election.
There are charts that show spikes of covid cases and in almost every country the covid rate spikes follow the time of their population getting mass vaccinated. I simply look at my work place to see this same trend first hand. People getting vaxxed or boosted = people feeling sick or coming up with unexplained health problems. I been against flu vaccines for a very long time, but these covid shots take illness to a whole new level. Virtually all my non-vaxxed friends have had no such drama during this covid time.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
On what basis are you doubting the double-blind vaccine effectiveness trials and the subsequent significantly lower numbers of vaccinated people being admitted to hospitals compared to unvaccinated? Are we going into full-blown conspiracy theory here?
Hospitals clearly aren't recording everyone whose vaxxed or unvaxxed. They collect money on covid cases and covid deaths. It's in their monetary interest to say sick people have covid. And people who come in soon after their covid shot, but before a few weeks pass are still considered unvaxxed. The data is anything but scientific. It's very much skewed to promote covid products and push fear.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Study after study where they literally just count people who get ill and compare the illness rate of vaccinated versus unvaccinated not enough to convince you?

If you take 30,000 similar people, give half of them the vaccine, check back with them in 4 months and note that the half that didn’t get the vaccine had somewhat higher Covid rates, significantly higher hospitalization rates and/or death rates, what would you conclude? That it was blind luck?

All these studies are doing is counting. It’s one of the simplest forms of science.
If only that were actually true. There are even more recent studies that show otherwise. Especially when they use more creditable data from sources not in big pharma's pocket.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
There are charts that show spikes of covid cases and in almost every country the covid rate spikes follow the time of their population getting mass vaccinated. I simply look at my work place to see this same trend first hand. People getting vaxxed or boosted = people feeling sick or coming up with unexplained health problems. I been against flu vaccines for a very long time, but these covid shots take illness to a whole new level. Virtually all my non-vaxxed friends have had no such drama during this covid time.
This is literally you just pulling information from the news, with no context or information and plugging in your pet theory with no evidence. This kind of decision making is why mandates are necessary.

For example, the same spikes have happened across the world in places with little to no vaccination, but that means nothing to you because it’s not anything you have considered.

Delta in India with less than 5% vaccinated. MASSIVE spike, millions dead.
Omicron in South Africa with less than 20% vaccinated. Incredible spike across the world, where there was very very low vaccination.

This is a very bad way to make decisions. Complete lack of data and insert pet theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington