Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2022, 03:04 PM

1,369 posts, read 718,665 times

Advertisements

State mandates have been upheld by SCOTUS.
Federal have not.

You are wrong on the science of masking.

You aren’t wrong in your description of your rights out of people’s desires.

People like you who think going to the doctor for illness is a bad idea don’t get to decide on the best science. You are too biased.

Have a good Sunday.

Old 05-01-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Federal have not.

People like you who think going to the doctor for illness is a bad idea don’t get to decide on the best science. You are too biased.

Have a good Sunday.
Correction: The SCOTUS upheld one federal mandate (health care workers) and overturned another (larger OSHA based rule). They have issued multiple decisions upholding state based mandates. It is clearly constitutional for Inslee to mandate that we get Covid vaccines. Doesn’t mean you have to like it, but it’s constitutional.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:45 PM

305 posts, read 181,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Federal have not.

Have a good Sunday.
The SCOTUS decision on the federal vax mandate on companies over 99 people was the most important to me, because that was the big one tyrants wanted to force their product on the most people and set a precedent. Masks are also gone which is great. I know you will be excited to see them return and blame the unvaccinated adults kids and infants. And no, Inslee knows it isn't constitutional to mandate shots for everyone, which is why he hasn't tried to, despite his trash talk rhetoric on the unvaccinated. He would have an early retirement if he did and even leftist politicians understand this.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
The SCOTUS decision on the federal vax mandate on companies over 99 people was the most important to me, because that was the big one tyrants wanted to force their product on the most people and set a precedent. Masks are also gone which is great. I know you will be excited to see them return and blame the unvaccinated adults kids and infants. And no, Inslee knows it isn't constitutional to mandate shots for everyone, which is why he hasn't tried to, despite his trash talk rhetoric on the unvaccinated. He would have an early retirement if he did and even leftist politicians understand this.
Shoot, you are correct. I misspoke. I should have said mandate proof of vaccination in certain circumstances. Thanks for the correction.

As to what pleases and doesn’t please me, it’s weak to use a straw man argument. Stick to the facts.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:08 AM

6,297 posts, read 3,448,908 times
COVID-19 in Clallam County
Total Confirmed Cases 11,324
Rate of Cases per 100,000 in the last 14 days 203

Average Daily Cases Last Two Weeks (4/13 to 4/26) 11

Percent Positivity Last Two Weeks (4/13 to 4/26) 4.82%

Total Hospitalizations 364
Currently Hospitalized 0

Total Deaths 111

Total Tests Performed 123,855
First Doses Administered 57,623

Percent of County Population Vaccinated 75.1%
Percent of County Population Completing Primary Series 69.6%

I find the total Hospitalized at 0 is a telling stat.
Notice another fact the 80+ figure is the lowest, which maybe because they are the most careful or there may not that many left.

The drop off of the 80's age group compared to the 65-79 which seems to be the larges group infected is strange.

I am wondering why the Health officials report on the total number of confirmed case dating back to 2020. I would think by year would be more useful.
Another category I would like to see is the number of people who are fully vaccinated get the virus again. Talk to people it seems like a lot of people fall into the category.
Clallam County - Coronavirus Information

Old 05-02-2022, 01:44 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,110,132 times
Counting the people that are fully vaccinated that got the virus either for the first time or the second time does not go along with extreme left’s talking points.

This would also be reviewed and silenced by the Bureau of Misinformation which is run by 2 raving nutters that have honesty issues.

It would also decrease sales with the ever increasing number of people not wanting to play COVID anymore.

Old 05-02-2022, 01:53 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,164,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Counting the people that are fully vaccinated that got the virus either for the first time or the second time does not go along with extreme left’s talking points.

This would also be reviewed and silenced by the Bureau of Misinformation which is run by 2 raving nutters that have honesty issues.

It would also decrease sales with the ever increasing number of people not wanting to play COVID anymore.
Looks like the most people getting Covid now are the ones with boosters. Why? Because a lot of them were able to escape Covid during Dec-Jan surge but now the vaccine has waned and also lifestyles have changed for the most part.

Last edited by Botev1912; 05-02-2022 at 02:05 PM..

Old 05-02-2022, 02:03 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,110,132 times
I buy that.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post

Despite your need to manufacture falsehoods that perpetuate your victimhood, scientists have been completely open and up front with every released study (hundreds!) that shows how and when vaccines and boosters are effective and how long that effectiveness lasts. I have posted about it many times, and any simple Google search will show you how completely honest and open our society is about this topic.

But by all means, keep lying to yourself, pretend there’s a conspiracy that’s not just in your head and make things political, if that’s your way of coping.

Here’s an article that is completely open and honest about how boosters wane over time:

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/21/10821...h-vaccine-dose

Strange, isn’t it, that a ‘liberal’ news source is diverting from your mythical ‘talking points’?

Or is it all in your head?

Last edited by Arcos; 05-02-2022 at 03:18 PM..

Old 05-02-2022, 03:13 PM

Here’s one from March 2.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2119451

CONCLUSIONS
Primary immunization with two doses of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 or BNT162b2 vaccine provided limited protection against symptomatic disease caused by the omicron variant. A BNT162b2 or mRNA-1273 booster after either the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 or BNT162b2 primary course substantially increased protection, but that protection waned over time. (Funded by the U.K. Health Security Agency.)

Here’s one from April 2022

“ Death due to COVID-19 occurred in 92 second-booster recipients and in 232 participants who received one booster dose (adjusted hazard ratio 0.22; 95% CI 0.17 to 0.28). This study demonstrates a substantial reduction in hospitalizations and deaths due to Covid-19 conferred by a second-booster in Israeli adults aged 60 years and over.”

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01832-0

The internet is full of amazing and truthful information, should you seek it out. But if your mind is drawn to lies, you can find all the lies you want, and manufacture the ones you don’t find. If you choose to spread them, that says something about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington