Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,507 times

Advertisements

I want to move to Lacey. I have a wife, who is having a baby, and a son, who needs more professional help then a small town school district can offer. He broke his little head and he is failing school now. I would move to the end of the world to get my son the help he needs. I need a good job to be able to make the move. I have an AA degree, and a clean record, but I might need help with the first steps. Any suggestions for employment? I am after a business degree in due time... What are the highest rated schools in the area? My son is an average student with an average IQ, but he isn't getting the kind of help he needs. He has an IEP, is that transfurable? There are too many questions related to making this kind of move. What are some questions I am leaving out? Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I am asking God for help too, so that should help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 09:11 AM

1,024 posts, read 4,140,911 times
I'd like to start by saying that I find it commendable that you would move in order to ensure that your son receives a better education experience. The schools here will evaluate your student to see if he needs an individual education plan, and how that IEP should be structured.
I don't know what to suggest for employment, since I don't know what you have experience in. The big employers in the Lacey/Olympia area are the state government, Target, and Cabelas. Once you have gainful employment, you'll be able to determine how much you can spend on housing and in which community you'd like to live.
Good luck with your move to Lacey.

Sandy

Old 01-10-2008, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 6,822 times
Wink job suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefather View Post
I want to move to Lacey. I have a wife, who is having a baby, and a son, who needs more professional help then a small town school district can offer. He broke his little head and he is failing school now. I would move to the end of the world to get my son the help he needs. I need a good job to be able to make the move. I have an AA degree, and a clean record, but I might need help with the first steps. Any suggestions for employment? I am after a business degree in due time... What are the highest rated schools in the area? My son is an average student with an average IQ, but he isn't getting the kind of help he needs. He has an IEP, is that transfurable? There are too many questions related to making this kind of move. What are some questions I am leaving out? Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I am asking God for help too, so that should help...
If you are looking for an awesome paying job with good benefits apply with Local 66 out of Lacey. The Tab apprenticeship nas virtually no layoffs.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:05 AM

2 posts, read 6,822 times
If your looking for a job, contact local 66 out of Lacey or Kirkland. it starts out at aprox 15/hr, 40 hours a week. and has virtually no layoffs if you choose the TAB (test adjust and balance) program.
good luck

Old 01-15-2008, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 6,110 times
Default Lacey

Getting your son better schooling is without doubt one of the most remarkable reasons to move, and only proves your worthiness as a "dad". However, I do question why it is you chose Lacey of all places? Im sure you did some research for the area before deciding on Lacey, but I have to be honest, while the area is growing - compaired to Tacoma/Seattle, there is nothing there. I have inlaws that live down in the Lacey area and besides the fact that theyre in-laws, I hate going down there. There is no good reason (for me) to stay, let alone visit Lacey. Just wanted to put my two cents in.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington