Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 05:26 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,499,499 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

Our daughter is going to go to summer camp up near Snohomish. We live near Vancouver, WA so it's a bit of a drive to get there. We were thinking about dropping her off and spending a few days at a cabin on a lake somewhere nearbyish with our son. We could go to Wenatchee but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions because I have no knowledge of that part of the state. Just your basic lake weekend is all I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,771,649 times
Not sure about the rental situation, but Lake Cavanaugh, Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is not too far from Snohomish County.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:41 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,589 times
Default It is pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
Hey all,

Our daughter is going to go to summer camp up near Snohomish. We live near Vancouver, WA so it's a bit of a drive to get there. We were thinking about dropping her off and spending a few days at a cabin on a lake somewhere nearbyish with our son. We could go to Wenatchee but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions because I have no knowledge of that part of the state. Just your basic lake weekend is all I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Lake Wenatchee is a nice lake with camp sites right on the lake and trails. Lake Wenatchee also has a nice swimming area and beach. Swimming is probably gonna be out of the question right now unless you have a wet suit on. Close to there is Fish Lake and they have boat rentals or you can just fish off the dock. Eastern Washington tends to be pretty windy this time of year so prepare accordingly. If you are willing to drive a little further about two hours north you could be in Chelan and it has many boating and camping opportunities as well as several other smaller lakes in the area such as Wapato, Antilon and Roses Lake. You might be able to rent a cabin on the larger lakes in the area but a lot of the smaller lakes don't have many rentals. Fish lake would be the only one I would think might have rentals. If you go south you could check out Potholes Reservoir or Moses Lake. I would recommend the Chelan area personally, it tends to be less crowded and is a beautiful area with everything you could need. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Lake Wenatchee is a nice lake with camp sites right on the lake and trails. Lake Wenatchee also has a nice swimming area and beach. Swimming is probably gonna be out of the question right now unless you have a wet suit on. Close to there is Fish Lake and they have boat rentals or you can just fish off the dock. Eastern Washington tends to be pretty windy this time of year so prepare accordingly. If you are willing to drive a little further about two hours north you could be in Chelan and it has many boating and camping opportunities as well as several other smaller lakes in the area such as Wapato, Antilon and Roses Lake. You might be able to rent a cabin on the larger lakes in the area but a lot of the smaller lakes don't have many rentals. Fish lake would be the only one I would think might have rentals. If you go south you could check out Potholes Reservoir or Moses Lake. I would recommend the Chelan area personally, it tends to be less crowded and is a beautiful area with everything you could need. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your stay!
Thanks, this is actually for August, I should have made that clear sorry.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:22 PM

541 posts, read 1,730,207 times
I was going to say Lake Wenatchee as well, but that is a long drive . . . and so is my other option.

BANKS LAKE

If you want some sun, check out Banks Lake. Just north of Soap Lake. There are mainly camping sites there . . . and unless you want to hike and explore the outdoors, or rent a boat, there isn't a whole lot to do. There are some motels/hotels in towns to the south of the lakes. You could also go visit some of the impressive dams nearby.

MOSES LAKE

If you want a town with nothing to do, and a long drive, also check out Moses Lake. It's pretty boring there . . . I guess am I am not selling this well. But the Pot Holes Reserve to the south is supposedly interesting.

LAKE CHELAN

I think Lake Chelan might be a great choice as well. The town of Chelan is a neat little place with food to eat, places to shop. The lake is great, and you can take ferry rides to tiny villages far north up the lake! It is more dry in this part of the state, compared to Lake Wenatchee, but Lake Chelan has always been a tourist favorite. Lots of camp grounds, places to stay, and a big swimming area.

LAKE CRESCENT

Often forgotten by everyone, the beautiful Lake Crescent is on Washington's peninsula, west of Port Angeles. It is a long drive, but the lake is beautifully surrounded by forested mountains. You can rent a boat, rent a cabin, stay in an in, and just enjoy nature here. You are also close to the impressive Hurricane Ridge, the rugged Washington Coast, Cape Flattery, and the famous Ruby Beach. I would certainly give this place a look if you want something completely different.

LAKE SAMISH

You can find a cabin to rent here as well. Tucked away in Northwestern Washington, right by Interstate 5, this lake is surrounded by cabins and homes, with looming mountains on all sides and heavily forested. Take a boat on the lake and explore. Also close to the quirky Fairhaven community to the north about 15 minutes. About an hour from the impressive Deception Pass by Anacortes, Washington.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:51 AM

Thanks all! Great ideas.

I forgot about Lake Crescent, one of my favorite places on earth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington