Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:01 PM

3 posts, read 5,982 times

Advertisements

Well, my parents moved to Puyallup in 1950. I was born here in 1953 and reside on the same 5 acre plot that I was born on. I have a modest 3 bedroom home that I built in 1978. My property taxes are over $7000 a year of which over 1/2 goes to schools! There is so much tax revenue for schools, they constantly tear down perfectly decent buildings to build MEGA schools in Puyallup all for substandard student results. Housing developments have gone crazy. Crime in my neighborhood in the South Hill has gone nuts. From a neighborhood where you knew you neighbors, you now fear to leave your home on vacation. Tomorrow, they have an election vote to allow school levies to pass with 50% + 1 vote. If this passes, only God knows what the future holds. B.T.W., you better like wet, damp and gloom from Sept to May and plenty of road rage in traffic. So, why do I stay? It just seems unAmerican to let the local government run you out of the only neighbor hood that you and you family has ever known.
Welcome to Puyallup!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 08:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,982 times
Default moving to Puyallup.

Well, my parents moved to Puyallup in 1950. I was born here in 1953 and reside on the same 5 acre plot that I was born on. I have a modest 3 bedroom home that I built in 1978. My property taxes are over $7000 a year of which over 1/2 goes to schools! There is so much tax revenue for schools, they constantly tear down perfectly decent buildings to build MEGA schools in Puyallup all for substandard student results. Housing developments have gone crazy. Crime in my neighborhood in the South Hill has gone nuts. From a neighborhood where you knew you neighbors, you now fear to leave your home on vacation. Tomorrow, they have an election vote to allow school levies to pass with 50% + 1 vote. If this passes, only God knows what the future holds. B.T.W., you better like wet, damp and gloom from Sept to May and plenty of road rage in traffic. So, why do I stay? It just seems unAmerican to let the local government run you out of the only neighbor hood that you and you family has ever known.
Welcome to Puyallup!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:19 PM

3 posts, read 10,375 times
Thank you so much for letting me know about 1 canyon place i went onlineand took a look at it and your right it looks very nice. I have to wait a couple more days before they start sending me the application to move in so i have to wait for that. But my fiancee and our 12 year old can't wait to get there soon enough. I just want to know i put them in a safe place that's all. I used to live there before but in Edmonds/Lynnwood area and fell in love with the place. Never lived in the Southside of Seattle but that's ok.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:29 AM

7 posts, read 14,573 times
I have family in puyallup and m planning a move there soon but i am concerned about it being so close to tocoma i lived there as a teen and i thought it was more ruff at night then when i lived in the getto in buffalo, ny any one know if its an issue or not with tocoma gangsters coming threw puyallup jw cus i have three kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington