Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:45 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times

Advertisements

So, in CA when you go to a car wash you pay about $15 and you get out of your car, they vacuum it all, they drive it through a wash (these days usually a handwash where a bunch of guys are in there with the water and soap scrubbing down the car), blow it dry, and then drive it out, and dry it with shammies, and wipe down the inside and windex all the windows, etc.

I tried to take my car to get it washed in Issaquah yesterday. I went to Brown Bear. Apparently if you want it vacuumed or dried you have to do it yourself. When I asked the girl about having it cleaned on the inside, she told me about a detailing place.

So, are there not full-service car washes in WA, or are there just not any in this area? Anyone know?

V. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 05:21 PM

19 posts, read 83,007 times
There is a full service car wash called Elephant Car Wash. I have been to the location in Federal Way. Ok job.

Locations (http://www.elephantcarwash.com/locations1.htm - broken link).

Old 07-29-2007, 05:49 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
The Pink Elephant (famous in Seattle) but there is one in Bellevue

I'm from Calif too and I was used to $18 got me my car washed, waxed , tires, and vaccum

Around here there are hardly ANY car washers and it's $40 JUST for the wash!!!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 PM

199 posts, read 1,513,163 times
Yeah, its not the same as California. It's the absence of cheap labor (which is a good thing and a bad thing). Everything from car washes to lawn care is priced very different due to that.

So, I have learned to vacuum my own car

Old 07-30-2007, 08:12 PM

5 posts, read 43,206 times
Plus guys in Washington with the rain it is hard for places to stay in business from Nov-Feb, our rainiest time of year. I have used Pink Elephant in a lot of locations in the Puget Sound and they do fine. They always have coupons out in money mailers to help with cost.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:46 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
Thanks all. I found a place by my house, but I'm having a hard time swallowing the $40 price tag!!

Thanks again!

V. =)

Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 PM

223 posts, read 1,274,592 times
Word: It is simply "Elephant Car Wash". The sign is pink, but that is not the name of the business.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:21 PM

392 posts, read 1,556,462 times
$40?! If you live anywhere near Gig Harbor bring it by my place and I'll wash and vacuum it for $30!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,753,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
So, in CA when you go to a car wash you pay about $15 and you get out of your car, they vacuum it all, they drive it through a wash (these days usually a handwash where a bunch of guys are in there with the water and soap scrubbing down the car), blow it dry, and then drive it out, and dry it with shammies, and wipe down the inside and windex all the windows, etc.

I tried to take my car to get it washed in Issaquah yesterday. I went to Brown Bear. Apparently if you want it vacuumed or dried you have to do it yourself. When I asked the girl about having it cleaned on the inside, she told me about a detailing place.

So, are there not full-service car washes in WA, or are there just not any in this area? Anyone know?

V. =)
Welcome to Seattle. Whereas California has "full service" people, I think Seattlites are generally proud to be "self service" people.

I'm suprised at how people drive really old cars. You rarely see BMWs on the road, but where my sister lives in California, they are everywhere! (Now I didn't say you don't see any - I just said you don't see as many as Orange County).

Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 17,651 times
Depending on where you are in the Seattle area you can see people all over in BMW's, Porsches and Lambo's. It just so happens that being in the OC you picked one of the richest areas in California. If you pick the richest place in any state you will see what you are looking for. Not everyone everywhere can afford a new M3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington